Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » Using "include required software" when defining a Target Platform Definition with a P2 co("include required software" for p2 components)
Using "include required software" when defining a Target Platform Definition with a P2 co [message #528822] Wed, 21 April 2010 21:55
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
In Eclipse 3.5, I want to create a target platform that has the base eclipse augmented with my feature from a P2 repo

My feature definition lists eclipse platform features (such as rcp and jdt) as dependencies but the P2 repo of my feature only includes my custom plugins.

When I create my target platform definition in Eclipse IDE, I do the following:
- Add content that is my eclipse install
- Add conent that is my P2 based feature.

When I add my P2 feature I get an error (missing requirement org.eclipse.jdt.feature.group 0.0.0) But that feature is actually in the eclipse install that I added previously.

I must uncheck "include required software" in order for my P2 feature to my added to the target platform.

This error message seems counter intuitive (since the eclipse install has the needed feature) Couldn't the download of the P2 feature check that target platform will have the needed dependencies?
Previous Topic:Adding p2 to a non-p2 installation
Next Topic:Expressions for IU's ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:01:06 GMT 2024