Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BPMN Modeler » Plug-in dependencies and SVN source code(org.eclipse.stp.bpmn plug-in missing after BPMN source download using SVN)
Plug-in dependencies and SVN source code [message #525431] Tue, 06 April 2010 14:53 Go to next message
Kerry Hinge is currently offline Kerry HingeFriend
Can I maintain an active link to the BPMN modeller source code using SVN and still retain links to those plug-in dependencies?

Scenario:
In Galileo I install the STP plug-ins in my development environment and open the plug-in I am developing that has dependencies on org.eclipse.stp.bpmn and org.eclipse.stp.bpmn.diagram. These two plugins are detected and I can work on my project.
Now I install SVN and its connectors and download the source code for the BPMN modeller so I can understand how the classes work but as soon as I do this the installed plug-ins are removed from the plug-ins folder and those dependencies can no longer be found.

I don't want to modify the source code but I would like to have the latest version because I have found modifications in the past that have rendered my plug-in useless.

In the past I have had to disconnect the source code from the repository for the dependencies to link but is there any way that I can maintain up-to-date source code and retain dependency links?
Re: Plug-in dependencies and SVN source code [message #525515 is a reply to message #525431] Tue, 06 April 2010 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antoine Toulmé is currently offline Antoine ToulméFriend
You could use a source feature - I don't think we provide one right now though.

Can you open an enhancement request for that ?

Thanks!

Antoine
Re: Plug-in dependencies and SVN source code [message #525580 is a reply to message #525515] Wed, 07 April 2010 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antoine Toulmé wrote on Tue, 06 April 2010 13:40

Thanks!

Antoine

How do I open an enhancement request?

Regards,

Kerry
Re: Plug-in dependencies and SVN source code [message #525582 is a reply to message #525580] Wed, 07 April 2010 01:39 Go to previous message
Kerry Hinge wrote on Tue, 06 April 2010 21:10
Antoine Toulmé wrote on Tue, 06 April 2010 13:40

Thanks!

Antoine

How do I open an enhancement request?

Regards,

Kerry

I found that I could open an enhancement request in Bugzilla. I thought it was only for reporting bugs. I now know better. Smile
Previous Topic:Is BPMN Development Active
Next Topic:How to convert a BPMN diagram to ecore file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:13:40 GMT 2024