Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Plug-in extensions to debugging session operations?(Plug-in extensions to debugging session operations?)
Plug-in extensions to debugging session operations? [message #524982] Mon, 05 April 2010 03:30
DHeadrick is currently offline DHeadrickFriend
Hi,

I'm new to Eclipse and its forum. I'm aware of (but certainly not an expert in) the Eclipse plug-in architecture.

I'm using the Sun JDK and am interested in being able to intercept (if that's the right word) operations in a debugging session. For example, I'd like to execute my plug-in code when a breakpoint is hit or when the user steps over a statement or steps into a statement. My plug-in code would need to be able to determine the specific line of Java code that is about to be executed.

I'd like to also be able to execute my plug-in code when a variable is selected in the Variables view. Again, my plug-in code would need to be aware of the particular Variable that's been selected.

I've looked at the Debug Platform Extension Points but I find their descriptions fairly cryptic. Can someone perhaps point me to specifc Debug Extension Points that might help me interact with breakpoint/single step statements and variables from my plug-in code?

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide!

Dave
Previous Topic:How to find/load RCP/Plug-in features
Next Topic:Looking for plug-in org.eclipse.jdt.ui on CVS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 18:18:24 GMT 2024