Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » JSF 2.0 completion in .xhtml files with Eclipse 3.6 M6
JSF 2.0 completion in .xhtml files with Eclipse 3.6 M6 [message #524873] Sat, 03 April 2010 08:50 Go to next message
Ulises Fasoli is currently offline Ulises FasoliFriend
Hi everyone,
We are about to start a JSF 2.0/EJB 3.0 projet in my company and we are all big fans of the Eclipse project Very Happy . I have recently downloaded the 3.6 version of eclipse and the nightly build of the WTP project published on April the first. I saw that you have incorporated some JSF 2.0 support.

However while playing around a bit with it I realized that when annotations are used instead of the "faces-config" file no content assist is provided in the xhtml files for the managed beans.
Also the XML validation for the "faces-config" file still validates on the JSF 1.2 XSD file instead of the JSF 2.0.
I was wondering if by the time Eclipse Helios is released there will be content assist for managed beans declared using the annotations.

Thanks in advance

Re: JSF 2.0 completion in .xhtml files with Eclipse 3.6 M6 [message #526126 is a reply to message #524873] Thu, 08 April 2010 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghu Srinivasan is currently offline Raghu SrinivasanFriend
Hi,

The Faces Config model was updated after M6. FacesConfig editor now should validate against the JSF 2.0 schema. Please try this in the latest I-build and log a bug if you still see issues. Bug, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=295246, tracks the work that was done to support this.

It is unlikely that we will be able add discovery of annotation based artifacts including managed beans in the Helios release. We plan to work on this and contribute it in the future.

Please note that the JSF Tools Project has its own newsgroup which is monitored regularly, https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=295246

Thanks
Raghu Srinivasan
Project Lead - JSF Tools Project

Raghu Srinivasan,
Project Lead - JSF
Re: JSF 2.0 completion in .xhtml files with Eclipse 3.6 M6 [message #529533 is a reply to message #526126] Mon, 26 April 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulises Fasoli is currently offline Ulises FasoliFriend
Hello, sorry for the late reply (the email got stucked in the Spam folder Sad .

Thank you very much for your answer. So Annotated Managed beans discovery won't be on the Helios release but maybe on the next one ?.

Thank you again

Ulises
Re: JSF 2.0 completion in .xhtml files with Eclipse 3.6 M6 [message #544932 is a reply to message #529533] Tue, 06 July 2010 06:51 Go to previous message
ben  is currently offline ben Friend
So now Eclipse Helios is released and the only way the get content assist working for managedbeans is to declare them in the faces-config.xml.
What about the capability to use annotations for this?
Previous Topic:3.6: External Jars in a Dynamic Web Project
Next Topic:Start Tomcat within eclipse from ANT task
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:15:11 GMT 2024