Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Automatically Create Root JNLP files?
Automatically Create Root JNLP files? [message #524761] Fri, 02 April 2010 11:25 Go to next message
TJ Willis is currently offline TJ WillisFriend
I'm successfully exporting a webstart feature to multiple platforms. I found that, in the export wizard, setting "Site URL" to " http://morselab.sourceforge.net/${target.ws}.${target.os}.${ target.arch}/" saves me from editing a dozen Feature...jnlp files after the export.

The remaining item to automate is the generation of root jnlp files. Ideally, I'd like to provide a .jnlp file, have two sets of variables substituted, and have the resulting file included in the root directory for each product. The two lines I'd like to make substitutions on would be like:

<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="http://morselab.sourceforge.net/${target.ws}.${target.os}.${target.arch}/" href="morselab.jnlp" >
<extension name="Wrapper feature" href="features/MorseLab_Feature_${MorseLab.1.0.0.qualifier}.jnlp"/>

I'm not quire sure how to do this. Is there an Ant file I can hack somewhere? Is installing Buckminster a better approach?

[Updated on: Sat, 03 April 2010 14:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Automatically Create Root JNLP files? [message #524910 is a reply to message #524761] Sun, 04 April 2010 00:25 Go to previous message
TJ Willis is currently offline TJ WillisFriend
I ended up writing an ant task and a template file and just run it after feature export. This also fixes the codebases in the feature/*.jnlp files. Cheers.
Previous Topic:Preview for Composite Objects
Next Topic:Help view not restored after resetting perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 11:45:32 GMT 2024