Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Responding to specific kinds of interruption in a builder
Responding to specific kinds of interruption in a builder [message #523209] Thu, 25 March 2010 14:36
Niklas Deutschmann is currently offline Niklas DeutschmannFriend
In my Eclipse application, I have a builder that is always doing a full build for a project. When the user saves some file in the project, the builder should be cancelled and start again.

I can implement this behavior by checking builder.isInterrupted() at regular intervals inside the builder. But now, the builder is also cancelled by other workspace jobs that have a higher priority (for example, operations of the SVN team plugin), even when these jobs don't modify anything in the project that is being built.

How can I implement a builder that honors interruption requests only when they are caused by a file change inside the project that is being built? I did some experiments with setting a different scheduling rule for the current job, without any success.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2010 14:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Dragging around views on secondary monitor doesn't display placement hints
Next Topic:Adding a wizard to the new context menu of the package explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 19:20:44 GMT 2024