Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] What is the best way to update an EEF project?(How do you update after a model change?)
[EEF] What is the best way to update an EEF project? [message #522754] Tue, 23 March 2010 20:22 Go to next message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
I am having trouble getting my full model to generate with EEF. I am now starting with a smaller model, and I am going to add the rest of the model a little at a time to see where the model is breaking EEF.

I update my .ecore_diag file, and my .genmodel file updates automagically. But when I delete the .components and .eefgen files, and I try to re-initialize EEF from the updated .genmodel file, the same old .components and .eefgen files get generated.

I have definitely refreshed my directories after deleting the old .components and .eefgen files, and I can see the changes in the .genmodel file. But the new classes and references are not added to the re-initialized .components and .eefgen files.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Re: [EEF] What is the best way to update an EEF project? [message #522855 is a reply to message #522754] Wed, 24 March 2010 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Bouchet is currently offline Stephane BouchetFriend
Hi Herb,

can i suggest you to do differently ?

EMF models and EEF models are separates, that is you can creates your
EMF models completly and then starts whith a litlle EEF model.

Of course doing this you cannot use the "generates" model action to
create your EEF models, but thiere is a request to do so.

For your specific problem, are you sure your .ecore file is modified ? (
sometimes the deletion on the diagram does not delete the element in the
model )

Herb Miller a écrit :
> I am having trouble getting my full model to generate with EEF. I am
> now starting with a smaller model, and I am going to add the rest of the
> model a little at a time to see where the model is breaking EEF.
>
> I update my .ecore_diag file, and my .genmodel file updates
> automagically. But when I delete the .components and .eefgen files, and
> I try to re-initialize EEF from the updated .genmodel file, the same old
> .components and .eefgen files get generated.
>
> I have definitely refreshed my directories after deleting the old
> .components and .eefgen files, and I can see the changes in the
> .genmodel file. But the new classes and references are not added to the
> re-initialized .components and .eefgen files.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
>

--
Cheers,

Stéphane Bouchet, OBEO
Re: [EEF] What is the best way to update an EEF project? [message #522961 is a reply to message #522855] Wed, 24 March 2010 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
Yes, the .ecore file and the .ecore_diag files were changing together, and even the .genmodel was changing automatically. But whenever I would try to reinitialize EEF, the .components and .eefgen files were the same.

I did find a way to update, but is seems so drastic. I delete the edit, editor and test projects. Then I delete everything out of the base project (source files, manifest, plug-in, etc.) except the .ecore and .ecore_diag files. Then I regenerate the .genmodel file and proceed from there (i.e. Generate all, EEF Init, EEF Gen Arch, etc.).

This way works, but it means I have to re-add the src-gen and models directories, and fix any dependencies (etc) again and again every time I change the base model.

I guess this is okay. It does work this way, but it takes a lot of time.

Thanks.
Re: [EEF] What is the best way to update an EEF project? [message #1406417 is a reply to message #522961] Sun, 10 August 2014 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al B is currently offline Al BFriend
So is this the only way to update the .components and .eefgen files when the .ecore model has changed? Is there any other way? (e.g. some kind of context menu)
Re: [EEF] What is the best way to update an EEF project? [message #1406447 is a reply to message #1406417] Sun, 10 August 2014 03:21 Go to previous message
Al B is currently offline Al BFriend
Solved.

Right clicking on the .genmodel file and selecting the option EEF > Initialize EEF models updates the .components and .eefgen files.
Previous Topic:[EEF] AdvancedEObjectFlatComboViewer single contaiment
Next Topic:EMF EObject with JPA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:49:30 GMT 2024