Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [XTend] Importing *.ext files from Base Workspace fails when working in Runtime Workspace *solved*
[XTend] Importing *.ext files from Base Workspace fails when working in Runtime Workspace *solved* [message #521670] Thu, 18 March 2010 13:11 Go to next message
Christoph Elsner is currently offline Christoph ElsnerFriend
Hello,

I'm currently developing an *.ext function library that shall assist users in writing their checks in the XTend/XPand Check language.

The ext-function library shall be deployed as an eclipse plug-in. This way, users can easily install the plugin in their eclipse instance, import it via a statement such as:

extension com::example::mylibrary;

Afterwards, they can easily make use of the XTend library functions in "mylibrary.ext".

My current problem is the following. When I explicitly *install* my plug-in via copying the exported jar into the eclipse/plugins/ folder, the code assistance of the check/xpand editor, as well as the syntax highlighting, works fine for a user.

However, when I *execute* the plugin from my development workspace by opening a new runtime workspace (which I do for testing), the editor does not work properly. In this case, both the xtend and the check editor simply ignore the xtend functions defined in the imported extension file and mark the function calls as errors. More curiously, the editors actually recognize the existence of a file with the path com/example/mylibrary.ext in the classpath, as the import statement (the one in the code example above) is not marked as an error. However, the import statement *is* marked as an error, when I induce a typo in it ...

Is this a known problem of the xpand/xtend editor when executed in a runtime workspace?

Is there a workaround, so I can test my plugin within a runtime workspace with appropriate editor support?

Maybe you could also point me to the location in the source code of the xtend editor where the extension loading is performed (and fails), so I can try to develop a fix myself ...

Thank you in advance for any help!

Cheers,

Christoph

[Updated on: Fri, 19 March 2010 07:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [XTend] Importing *.ext files from Base Workspace fails when working in Runtime Workspace *solve [message #521884 is a reply to message #521670] Fri, 19 March 2010 07:06 Go to previous message
Christoph Elsner is currently offline Christoph ElsnerFriend
Hi,

it seems that the problem described above was caused by a messed up runtime workspace configuration. Deleting the .metadata folder in the runtime workspace and newly importing the runtime workspace projects did the trick for me.

Cheers,

Christoph
Previous Topic:[Xpand] assignement in Xpand
Next Topic:[Xpand] writing binary files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:49:22 GMT 2024