Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » [Teneo + GMF + EMF Validation] EMF validation set to console, still a dialog appears.
[Teneo + GMF + EMF Validation] EMF validation set to console, still a dialog appears. [message #516650] Wed, 24 February 2010 16:28 Go to next message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
Messages: 937
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi there,

I have set a couple of audits on a diagram, which has a semantic model
persisted using Teneo. I have also included the EMF Validation Ui
plugin, which allows me to set the output to be console instead of a
dialog box.

Now when saving the diagram, my diagram gets validated and I still get a
dialog instead of console output when the constraint fails.

I also get the teneo exception:

org.eclipse.emf.teneo.StoreValidationException


However when I edit from the Properties View, I do get live validation
on the console.


So is this dialog from GMF or is it the Teneo exception, which forces
the UI to give the dialog? (I would suspect the latter).

Thanks Christophe
Re: [Teneo + GMF + EMF Validation] EMF validation set to console, still a dialog appears. [message #516850 is a reply to message #516650] Thu, 25 February 2010 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Messages: 5468
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Christophe,
I don't know the specifics of when a dialog or when validation is shown in the console. Assuming that the exception is
expected then I would say that it is not caught at the correct place and therefore forces a dialog. But again, I have
practically no knowledge of the program flow (and the validation ui) so I can't really comment...

If the exception itself is not correct (i.e. it should not happen) then I would need to get more details to comment
(what does it fail, what is that stacktrace, what is the message).

gr. Martin

Christophe Bouhier wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have set a couple of audits on a diagram, which has a semantic model
> persisted using Teneo. I have also included the EMF Validation Ui
> plugin, which allows me to set the output to be console instead of a
> dialog box.
>
> Now when saving the diagram, my diagram gets validated and I still get a
> dialog instead of console output when the constraint fails.
>
> I also get the teneo exception:
>
> org.eclipse.emf.teneo.StoreValidationException
>
>
> However when I edit from the Properties View, I do get live validation
> on the console.
>
>
> So is this dialog from GMF or is it the Teneo exception, which forces
> the UI to give the dialog? (I would suspect the latter).
>
> Thanks Christophe
>
>


--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo + GMF + EMF Validation] EMF validation set to console, still a dialog appears. [message #516917 is a reply to message #516850] Thu, 25 February 2010 14:12 Go to previous message
Christophe Bouhier is currently offline Christophe BouhierFriend
Messages: 937
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Martin,

See my comment below, and thank you for your swift response.

Martin Taal wrote:
> Hi Christophe,
> I don't know the specifics of when a dialog or when validation is shown
> in the console. Assuming that the exception is expected then I would say
> that it is not caught at the correct place and therefore forces a
> dialog.
Excellent point, the exception is expected as it is a constraint I have
set on a model element. The issue might be that EMF life Validation is
actually not executed when saving the diagram (As it is normally forced
by the action Edit->Validation), but Teneo executes the validation and
throws the exception.


But again, I have practically no knowledge of the program flow
> (and the validation ui) so I can't really comment...
>
Same here :).

> If the exception itself is not correct (i.e. it should not happen) then
> I would need to get more details to comment (what does it fail, what is
> that stacktrace, what is the message).
>
It is correct, I would be nice to hear from the GMF experts what
validation cycle happens when saving a diagram.

Dank je!
Christophe
Previous Topic:Disable adviceBinding
Next Topic:Extending/Specializing
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Sep 28 11:57:28 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01856 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top