Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Can a label be associated with the canvas
Can a label be associated with the canvas [message #516258] Tue, 23 February 2010 11:58 Go to next message
Dennis HendriksFriend
Hello all,

in my ecore, the top-level class is Specification. This class has an attribute called 'annotations'. The 'Specification' class is mapped in GMF to the canvas itself. I would like to add a label to the canvas (upper-left corner of the canvas is fine), that shows the content of the annotations attribute. I couldn't figure out where to map in the gmfmap however, as it seems a 'Top Node Reference' is needed, but there I can not select the 'annotations' attribute as 'Containment feature'.

My question is: Is is possible to map an attribute of the top-level class to a label associated with the canvas itself? if so, how? If not, why not, and what are the alternatives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis
Re: Can a label be associated with the canvas [message #963480 is a reply to message #516258] Mon, 29 October 2012 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristina Pavlovska is currently offline Hristina PavlovskaFriend
Dear Dennis,

Did you maybe find the solution for your problem? I'm facing the same challenge so would like to know if the canvas's label is possible and how to do it.

Regards,
Hristina
Re: Can a label be associated with the canvas [message #964110 is a reply to message #963480] Tue, 30 October 2012 09:05 Go to previous message
Dennis HendriksFriend
No, I never found out. But then again, I never looked into it again. We are looking into switching from GMF to Graphiti though, so I'm not sure it is an issue any more...
Previous Topic:GMF EXPORT DIAGRAM AS XML
Next Topic:Internationalize : org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:46:26 GMT 2024