Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » variables not replaced in generator.buildTimestamp.format
variables not replaced in generator.buildTimestamp.format [message #515563] Fri, 19 February 2010 11:48 Go to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
I would like to have the version qualifier be formatted as follows:

1.3.0.v5.1-20100219-1245

So far, my props contain:

qualifier.replacement.*=generator:buildTimestamp
generator.buildTimestamp.format='v${PRODUCT_VERSION}-'yyyyMM dd-HHmm

Unfortunately, the variable in the format is not replaced and I will get a date format exception.

I was thinking that variables would be replaced anywhere regardless of their context...

Do I miss something?
Re: variables not replaced in generator.buildTimestamp.format [message #515569 is a reply to message #515563] Fri, 19 February 2010 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the exception I will get:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Format "format(n[.n=0;[.n=0;[.S=[A-Za-z0-9_-];]]])" was unable to parse 1.0.0.v${PRODUCT_VERSION}---20100219-1249
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.VersionForm at.parse(VersionFormat.java:1202)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.VersionForm at.parse(VersionFormat.java:1156)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.VersionForm at.parse(VersionFormat.java:1144)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.VersionHelper.replaceQu alifier(VersionHelper.java:398)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.BuildTimestampQualifier Generator.generateQualifier(BuildTimestampQualifierGenerator .java:78)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.ant.tasks.VersionQualifierTask.repla ceQualifier(VersionQualifierTask.java:134)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.FeatureConsolidator.consol idateFeatureVersion(FeatureConsolidator.java:106)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.tasks.FeatureConsolidator.run(Fe atureConsolidator.java:82)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.ant.FeatureConsolidatorTask.exec ute(FeatureConsolidatorTask.java:100)
... 44 more
Re: variables not replaced in generator.buildTimestamp.format [message #515580 is a reply to message #515569] Fri, 19 February 2010 13:00 Go to previous message
Nevermind!

It seems that I made some false assumptions; this is what I had to do to resolve this:

- the version qualifier may not contain dots
- the variable PRODUCT_VERSION was not properly configured
+ in your hudson job, in the advanced settings of the buckminster plugin, each -D argument must be set in a separate line
Previous Topic:Is there support form properties in an Aggregator model?
Next Topic:Product export fails for macosx / cocoa / x86 with Buckminster 3.6 (FileNotFoundException: /tmp/p2.b
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:51:23 GMT 2024