Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Migrate from Spring+Hibernate to Spring+Teneo
Migrate from Spring+Hibernate to Spring+Teneo [message #515513] Fri, 19 February 2010 07:22 Go to next message
TW  is currently offline TW Friend
Hi Everybody,

I want to know if it is possible to user spring together with teneo. At the moment we use spring and hibernate to create the OR-mappings.

Because of problems with lazy-loading we decided to test Spring + EclipseLink.

Then we noticed that Teneo could generate Hibernate and EclipseLink so if we could use Spring+Teneo this would be a flexible solution because we could generate Hibernate and EclipseLink mappings.

So the question is: Is it possible to use Spring directly with Teneo. I posted a similar question in an other forum. Here somebody referenced to http://www.elver.org/hibernate/hbdatastore.html#spring .

The documentation says, that spring uses HbSessionDataStore/HbEntityDataStore. Does this mean that I can use Spring+Teneo only when I use Hibernate specific DataStores?

Maybe someone who used this feature can help me.

Thanks a lot.
TW

[Updated on: Fri, 19 February 2010 09:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Migrate from Spring+Hibernate to Spring+Teneo [message #515640 is a reply to message #515513] Fri, 19 February 2010 15:40 Go to previous message
Assen Sharlandjiev is currently offline Assen SharlandjievFriend

Hi,

I am currently using EMF models in a Spring 3.x MVC application.
The persistence layer is implemented with the help of Teneo and EclipseLink 2.1.

So far I faced some issues, but I was able deal with them:

1. Load time JPA weaving with EclipseLink does not work for EMF models, therefore you should use the java agent supplied by EclipseLInk for JPA enhancements. (I'm running the application inside Tomcat container)

2. Teneo generates an ORM.xml mapping for use with EclipseLink. Depending on the complexity of your model, you could be able to use it as it is generated, or you will have to manually modify it to reflect your model.

Overall I find the use of EMF modeling with Spring based dynamic web applications very cool.
I'm also using EMF models for modeling DAOs and for modeling the services layer, not only for the domain objects model.

Assen
Previous Topic:[EMF] Spring 3.0 MVC data binding and validation
Next Topic:EMF Validation via OCL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:51:27 GMT 2024