Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application
groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application [message #515125] Wed, 17 February 2010 19:36 Go to next message
Max Roux is currently offline Max RouxFriend
I am adding a groovy editor to an RCP application. The groovy.eclipse 2.0 plug-in adds Groovy 1.7 functionality to eclipse.

Currently the scripts are being entered using a SWT Text field, it works but pretty crude. I modified the code to use the plug-in groovy editor and it works fine, much nicer.

The application works great as long as i run it locally from eclipse. In production the app must be run as a JNLP from a web site.

I've worked through most of the .jar dependencies and modified the jar hrefs in the .jsp file.

I get the following error when I try to run the JNLP:
!MESSAGE Missing required bundle org.codehaus.groovy_[1.7.0,2.0.0).

I have been unable to find this path in any of the groovy.eclipse plug-in's structure.

Any help or suggestions on where I might look would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
Re: groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application [message #515664 is a reply to message #515125] Fri, 19 February 2010 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
It looks like the org.codehaus.groovy 1.7.0 bundle is not in your target environment.

Are there any other log messages that you are getting?

ps- I don't think that the JDT is the proper place to ask this question. You should be asking this on the eclipse-plugin-dev@groovy.codehaus.org mailing list.
Re: groovy.eclipse usage in RCP application [message #991233 is a reply to message #515125] Mon, 17 December 2012 23:01 Go to previous message
Phaedrus The Greek is currently offline Phaedrus The GreekFriend
Hi,

I am looking to do the same, but I don't want to add the whole IDE framework into the RCP app, primarily because it adds a number of toolbars and other obvious annoyances to my app that I don't want the user to see.

When you included the groovy eclipse plugin in your RCP app, were you able to do it without IDE ?

Thanks,

Jay
Previous Topic:Please I need your suggestions
Next Topic:Problem Running htm With Java on Mac OSX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:05:03 GMT 2024