Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » V2.5 ? Parameter binding ?(Stable release - Parameter binding ?)
V2.5 ? Parameter binding ? [message #514208] Fri, 12 February 2010 20:18 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hello, when I find a tutorial, every time this is about the 2.3 release and not the 2.5 ? So is the 2.5 a stable release or is the 2.3 a better choice at the moment ?

I've a problem that I don't understand, this should be due to my misunderstood of Birt.

I want to bind parameters in a Library : I've a complex query with inner "select". I've set up my report/lib parameters and my dataset parameters. I've also binded both. But this does not work. I've found two ways to do it in tutorial
- use "?" and
- add where clauses in the "binded propertie" textarea.

None work. And I don't know why, but frequently somme fields computed are duplicated "MYFIELD_XX where XX is a number and I do not know why.

So thanks to help me to solve this or those issues.
Re: V2.5 ? Parameter binding ? [message #514281 is a reply to message #514208] Sat, 13 February 2010 14:57 Go to previous message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

If you see a field name duplicated (MYFIELD_1) it means that the query you wrote is returning the same field name more than once. Correct your query.

2.3 and 2.5 are both stable releases. If you are doing new development, you should probably use 2.5.

You will need to strip your library down to a minimum and post it for someone to look and see what you might be doing wrong. Parameter substitution into the query using "?" and binding that to a report parameter in the Dataset Parameters section should work, although I will need to see about storing it in the Library.

Richard

Previous Topic:How to add multiple summary columns in crosstab?
Next Topic:Crosstab average with blank cells
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:58:17 GMT 2024