Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » access to the Web Services Explorer generated UI(need to see WSE generated UI code for examples)
access to the Web Services Explorer generated UI [message #514173] Fri, 12 February 2010 17:06 Go to next message
Jim Johnstone is currently offline Jim JohnstoneFriend
First of all, kudos to whoever builds and maintains the WTP, there is a lot of great functionality there.

Context:
So I pointed the Web Service Explorer (WSE) to a WSDL file and it generated a client UI to access the webservice. It all works great.

Now I'd like a look at the source its using for the form view as an example. I need to build essentially a simplified JSP version of what it displays.

Question:
Where can I find the source used to display the form view of the WSE generated client?

Versions:
Eclipse Galileo SR1 -- Build id: 20090920-1017
apache-ant-1.8.0RC1
apache-tomcat-6.0.24
axis2-1.5.1

I've looked for jsp, ear, war, aar files under Axis2, tomcat and eclipse home -- but I just don't see the source for the WSE forms.

Thanks in advance for your help
Jim

Re: access to the Web Services Explorer generated UI [message #514222 is a reply to message #514173] Fri, 12 February 2010 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Castro is currently offline Ivan CastroFriend
Hi Jim,

Here are a few things you may try to find what you are looking for:

1: If what you are after for is how to generate the client UI, then the best choice will be to take a look at the WSE code. It is located at the CVS repository:
Domain: dev.eclipse.org
root: /cvsroot/webtools

You can access this by using the anonymous username.

2: Use the Web Services wizard to generate a client of your own, this will create a Client project and generate all the java code and jsp files necessary to test your service.

3: Try looking at the source code from the web page generated by WSE to test your service. Right-click -> View Source
If this is too messy for you to understand, you can always change your eclipse settings (Window->Web Browser) to use your browser of choice. I'll suggest using Firefox with FireBug Addon, this way you will be able to inspect individual elements on the web page.

Hope this helps,

Ivan Castro
Java Web Services
IBM Rational

[Updated on: Sat, 13 February 2010 19:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: access to the Web Services Explorer generated UI [message #514294 is a reply to message #514173] Sat, 13 February 2010 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Castro is currently offline Ivan CastroFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 13 February 2010 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: access to the Web Services Explorer generated UI [message #516334 is a reply to message #514222] Tue, 23 February 2010 15:59 Go to previous message
Jim Johnstone is currently offline Jim JohnstoneFriend
Thanks Ivan.

Option 2 worked great for me.

I selected Axis (not Axis2) and found the generated JSP code in the WebContent directory under my project. I edited it to taste and was able to finish the PoC.

It could very well have been something that I did wrong, but Axis generated a simpler object model than Axis 2, especially in the handling of variant like structures derived from "choice" in the WSDL .
Previous Topic:Referenced projects in Tomcat problem
Next Topic:validator v2 problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:06:13 GMT 2024