Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2
Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #514095] Fri, 12 February 2010 12:38 Go to next message
Ben StoverFriend
Sorry for this question:

But which WebService Stacks are built-in supported by WTP/Eclipse?
Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis?

Or is Eclipse WTP completely not restricted to a certain Stack?

Furthermore I would be interested which target
Application Servers are supported by Eclipse WTP for WebService deployments:

TomCat, JBoss, GlassFish, Oracle, WebSphere

...all possible?

Thank you
Ben
Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #519821 is a reply to message #514095] Wed, 10 March 2010 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris wong is currently offline chris wongFriend
At the moment, Eclipse WTP is an Apache-only zone (Axis, Axis2, CXF in incubator).
So this means if you use the REFERENCE implementation (Sun Metro) or any other non-axis based web services interface, you cannot use the web services wizards.

Wish someone would develop this, since this is critical to many non-Axis users (like yourself)

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2010 04:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #519987 is a reply to message #519821] Wed, 10 March 2010 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ludo  is currently offline ludo Friend
Did you look at
https://metroplugineclipse.dev.java.net/
?
Ludo
Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #520364 is a reply to message #519821] Fri, 12 March 2010 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
chris wong wrote:
> at the moment, WTP is an axis-only zone.
> At least there is a http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAXWS incubator to hopefully
> support metro, jax-ws, as 1st class citizenslients
>
>

And ... JAXWS just "graduated" and will move to WTP proper, and be part
of our Helios release, in June.
Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #521141 is a reply to message #520364] Tue, 16 March 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oisin Hurley is currently offline Oisin HurleyFriend
>And ... JAXWS just "graduated" and will move to WTP proper, and be part of our Helios release, in June.

And ... at this point I would like to add that we really, really, would love to have some contributions around the reference implementation, or any other JAX-WS implementation Smile

--oh
Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #521160 is a reply to message #521141] Tue, 16 March 2010 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ludo  is currently offline ludo Friend
Would love to contribute (from the GlassFish Team)...Searching for some documentation on the current (M6) features, and the missing ones for June or later...
I see a Sub dir with 1 wizard under the WebServices wizard category, but I am not sure if this is the only visible artifact so far or do you have more?
Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #521266 is a reply to message #521160] Tue, 16 March 2010 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
ludo wrote on Tue, 16 March 2010 11:43
Would love to contribute (from the GlassFish Team)...Searching for some documentation on the current (M6) features, and the missing ones for June or later...
I see a Sub dir with 1 wizard under the WebServices wizard category, but I am not sure if this is the only visible artifact so far or do you have more?

Hi Ludo,

You can find a list of the current features in the JAX-WS Tools component starting on page 2 of the recent move review docuware:

http://www.eclipse.org/project-slides/webtool_jax_ws_docuwar e.pdf

Thanks,
Shane
Re: Which Web Service Stacks are supported by WTP? Metro, CXF, JBossWS, Axis 2 [message #523081 is a reply to message #519987] Thu, 25 March 2010 00:16 Go to previous message
chris wong is currently offline chris wongFriend
fantastic - just what I was looking for.

They extend the web services wizard to allow the Metro runtime.
And it includes Jersey (JAX-RS) support too.

it would be great if someone could convince sun to publish or contribute that plugin as part of eclipse WTP (preferrably as an update to Galileo) or base Helios

chris

Previous Topic:error when creating an EJB Project
Next Topic:Application is loaded by 2 classloaders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:20:40 GMT 2024