Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to import physical model structure from EMX files(Problem with interpretation of XML representation of diagram layout)
icon5.gif  How to import physical model structure from EMX files [message #513795] Thu, 11 February 2010 10:56 Go to next message
Fedor Tyurin is currently offline Fedor TyurinFriend
Hi everybody!

Currently i'm implementing a plug-in for our product which allows to use RSARTE state chart diagrams, so i have to parse EMX files. Logical part is OK, but with physical layout there are some things that puzzles me in the format. So i'm wondering that whether there is some specification of the GMF (and/or EMX) and how i should interpret certain attributes and values with in that?

To be more concrete I would add that i don't understand how to interpret targetAnchor and sourceAnchor tags from the following code.

<edges xmi:id="_Gu9ZoOr-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" element="_Gu0PsOr-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" source="_FsM8Ier-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" target="_GBqOwer-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA">
<children xmi:id="_Gu9Zo-r-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" type="TransitionLabelCompartment">
<children xmi:id="_Gu9Zper-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" type="Stereotype"/>
<children xmi:id="_Gu9Zpur-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" type="TransitionLabel"/>
<children xmi:id="_Gu9Zp-r-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" type="Triggers">
<styles xmi:type="umlnotation:UMLListCompartmentStyle" xmi:id="_Gu9ZqOr-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA"/>
</children>
<layoutConstraint xmi:type="notation:Bounds" xmi:id="_Gu9ZpOr-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" y="-186"/>
</children>
<styles xmi:type="umlnotation:UMLConnectorStyle" xmi:id="_Gu9Zoer-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" lineWidth="1" showStereotype="Text"/>
<bendpoints xmi:type="notation:RelativeBendpoints" xmi:id="_Gu9Zour-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" points="14, 1, -224, -13$214, -11, -24, -25"/>
<sourceAnchor xmi:type="notation:IdentityAnchor" xmi:id="_Gu9Zq-r-Ed6Rwe4xfQp3IA" id="(0.24952741,0.20037808)"/>
</edges>

I the documentation i only found that "An anchor is a routing constraint installed on edges to identify where the source/target views should anchor that edge". Do source and target anchors affects layout? It seems that components of id attribute lie between 0 and 1.... Does it mean anything?

Any comment could be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Fedor
Re: How to import physical model structure from EMX files [message #1714737 is a reply to message #513795] Mon, 16 November 2015 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nana eb is currently offline nana ebFriend
hey Fedor,

did u solve it?? i have the same problem and don't know how to use these attributes (points, sourceAnchor/id, targetAnchor/id ) to redraw the connections of the diagram!
it would really help me out, i need it for my thesis Sad

thanks in advance

Nana
Re: How to import physical model structure from EMX files [message #1720097 is a reply to message #1714737] Thu, 14 January 2016 11:23 Go to previous message
Fran Jimenez is currently offline Fran JimenezFriend
Hi,

I solved it more or less but I'm still have some problems regarding SourceAnchor and TargetAnchor especially when one of them is missing. When both are provided there is no problem. Have you already solved the problems?

Thanks,
Fran
Previous Topic:How to make CDO changes update GMF diagrams?
Next Topic:Grid problem on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:03:30 GMT 2024