Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [QVTO] editor locks up when code assist box should show
[QVTO] editor locks up when code assist box should show [message #513348] Tue, 09 February 2010 19:46 Go to next message
Ryan is currently offline RyanFriend
I have a qvto file that when I try to edit the file, the entire eclipse platform will freeze, requiring me to kill the eclipse process. It happens when editing the qvto file and I get to a point when the editor should open the code assist suggestions box. The box never shows, and eclipse stops responding. It sure seems like a bug, but perhaps there are some settings that I don't have setup right.

Edit: other times, eclipse will hard lock and crash when i simply open the file. Every once in a while, I'll be able to open and edit the file, but not often. When I do, things work just fine, even the code assist. I've been trying to figure out what causes this to crash, so the times it works vs. the times it doesn't all start with the same qvto file, I don't save any changes if I am able to make an edit without it crashing.

The qvto file doesn't report any build errors, and the file works fine during runtime to do it's transform.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 February 2010 21:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [QVTO] editor locks up when code assist box should show [message #513888 is a reply to message #513348] Thu, 11 February 2010 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sergey Boyko is currently offline Sergey BoykoFriend
Hi Ryan ,

Such behavior surely looks like a bug.

Could you please raise bugzilla on that?
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?bug_status=NEW&a mp;component=QVT_OML-Engine&form_name=enter_bug&prod uct=M2M&version=2.0

Any addition details (Eclipse version, QVTo version, sample script if
possible) are greatly welcome.

Regards,
Sergey

Ryan wrote:
> I have a qvto file that when I try to edit the file, the entire eclipse
> platform will freeze, requiring me to kill the eclipse process. It
> happens when editing the qvto file and I get to a point when the editor
> should open the code assist suggestions box. The box never shows, and
> eclipse stops responding. It sure seems like a bug, but perhaps there
> are some settings that I don't have setup right.
Re: [QVTO] editor locks up when code assist box should show [message #513898 is a reply to message #513888] Thu, 11 February 2010 15:59 Go to previous message
Doug Bercot is currently offline Doug BercotFriend
I think we found the issue, in this case, the ECORE model used as input had a DataType with an "Instance Type Name" of a Java package in the workspace. I am guessing that the QVTO editor is attempting to invoke the classloader for that class and is failing.

After switching the "Instance Type Name" of that DataType to "java.lang.String", the QVTO editor behaved very well.

Can the QVTO editor load classes from workspace plugins?
Previous Topic:[ATL] Cannot copy attribute types
Next Topic:[QVTO] access to transformation properties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:46:06 GMT 2024