Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Using JARs in Projects
Using JARs in Projects [message #512842] Mon, 08 February 2010 07:24 Go to next message
Rem Collier is currently offline Rem CollierFriend
Hi all,

I am writing a plugin for a Java-based programming language. I have a Jar file that contains the code and have no problems setting up the plugin so that i can compile against that code.

the problem i have comes when i use the plugin to write programs. i want to add the JAR that I am using with my plugin as a library that is associated with a custom (Java-based) project.

Currently, the way that I am doing this is to include the Jar in the plugin codebase, and then to copy the jar into the project structure when i create a new project. The downside of this is that you have to manually update all your projects when I release a new version of the plugin (i.e. copy a new Jar into each project).

What i really want to happen is for the Jar file to be wrapped in a library so that, when the library is updated, all the projects are automatically updated.

Can somebody give me some guidance on how to do this properly as I have been searching the web for the last couple of weeks and haven't been able to find anything on this (this is probably due to my lacking terminology as I only recently switched from using Netbeans for this).

Many thanks,

Rem Collier
Re: Using JARs in Projects [message #513487 is a reply to message #512842] Wed, 10 February 2010 11:38 Go to previous message
Rem Collier is currently offline Rem CollierFriend
Maybe I could ask a more specific question:

Could somebody point me to a website / give me some hints regarding to how to create a User Library via a plugin?

Regards

Rem Collier
Previous Topic:How to export plugin as directory instead of zip using PDE headless
Next Topic:Using JARs in Projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:18:27 GMT 2024