Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » EL Syntax Error for no-args function
EL Syntax Error for no-args function [message #512349] Thu, 04 February 2010 18:06 Go to next message
Michael Krkoska is currently offline Michael KrkoskaFriend
Hi,

I get a validation error for my no args EL function. This is my tld:

<taglib ...>
	<tlib-version>1.0</tlib-version>
	<jsp-version>2.0</jsp-version>
	<short-name>c24</short-name>
	<function>
	    <name>timestamp</name>
	    <function-class>java.lang.System</function-class>
	    <function-signature>
	        long currentTimeMillis()
	    </function-signature>
	</function>
</taglib>

When using ${custom:timestamp()} in a JSP, WTP reports an EL Syntax Error, pointing at the braces, even though the JSP works fine in Tomcat 5.5. Writing ${custom:timestamp(d)} gets rid of the validation error, but obviously fails during runtime.

Am I doing something wrong (some incorrect settings?), or is this a bug? What do you think?

Bye,
Michael
Re: EL Syntax Error for no-args function [message #512623 is a reply to message #512349] Fri, 05 February 2010 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Tewksbury is currently offline Ian TewksburyFriend
Michael,

I tried testing this scenario in the latest WTP 3.2 drivers and it worked for me. I think the problem you maybe seeing is related to Bug 276620 which is fixed in WTP 3.2.

I know this does not fix your immediate problem, but at the very least the problem has been addressed in the next release and you are more then welcome to try one of the 3.2 milestone drivers which are typically rather stable.

Another solution would be to go to "Windows -> Preferences -> Web -> JSP Files -> Validation" and go to the "Expression Language" section and set the options to ignore.

Hope this helps.

Blue Skies,

~Ian

Ian Tewksbury
WTP JavaScript Tools
IBM Rational
-----
“When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” ~Leonardo da Vinci
icon7.gif  Re: EL Syntax Error for no-args function [message #512627 is a reply to message #512623] Fri, 05 February 2010 16:47 Go to previous message
Michael Krkoska is currently offline Michael KrkoskaFriend
Hi Ian,

thanks a lot for both tips! Unfortunately I failed to find the bug report, even though I tried. Bugzilla is a mistery to me...

Bye,
Michael
Previous Topic:unable to see jboss 5.1 in list
Next Topic:XML Catalog User entries ignored by embedded tomcat
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:32:42 GMT 2024