Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Cannot Publish to Server(Cannot Publish to Server)
icon5.gif  Cannot Publish to Server [message #511325] Mon, 01 February 2010 09:40 Go to next message
Miriam Magid is currently offline Miriam MagidFriend
Dear reader, first of all I must admit that I'm just a beginner with Eclipse and PHP.

I installed Zend Eclipse PHP, build 20090920-1017, on windows Vista, from file zend-eclipse-php-galileo-SR1-win32-x86.zip.

The help says that PDT comes with a default server. But when I create a PHP project and add the first exercise of the PHP101 tutorial and then choose Run on Server, there appears to be no server.

The server can be found when I install ZendServer-CE (with ZendServer-CE-php-5.3.0-4.0.6-Windows_x86.exe) but then I don't know how to publish the PHP project to the root directory of the server (apart from exporting it to the file system). I do see the "Automatically publish when starting server" preference, but that can only be specified for explicitly defined servers. And I cannot add the Zend CE server in the Server Runtime Environments preferences.

So a beginner gets completely lost in this section.

Best regards,
Klaas Ploegman
Zwolle
Netherlands

Re: Cannot Publish to Server [message #514585 is a reply to message #511325] Mon, 15 February 2010 20:49 Go to previous message
Klaas Ploegman is currently offline Klaas PloegmanFriend
The solution is a work around that seems to be used by many people: create the PHP projects in the document root.

To create a new project: make a folder in the document root (via windows explorer) and then - in eclipse - create the project based on the contents of the just now created folder in the document root.

Consider moving the document root from
C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2\htdocs to another directory.

Move that directory to where you want it and change
C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf
Previous Topic:Cannot open editor with latest dltk version
Next Topic:These functionnalities exists ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:12:22 GMT 2024