Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Plugin export copies whole windows environment
icon5.gif  Plugin export copies whole windows environment [message #510797] Thu, 28 January 2010 16:42 Go to next message
Dagmar Buggle is currently offline Dagmar BuggleFriend

Hi,
I just updated to 3.5 to export an existing plugin. With vista (32-bit) and 3.4 everything worked fine, but now I'm running on win 7 (64-bit).
The plugin export copies my whole windows environment into workspace, e. g. \Program Files, \Windows, \User, and fails with a directory which needs admin privileges for being copied. I had similar problems on 3.4 where the export failed while scanning c:\config.msi. My complete workspace is situated on volume d:\.
What the hell is that copying of my whole c: volume good for?
Regards,
Dagmar
icon14.gif  Re: Plugin export copies whole windows environment [message #510937 is a reply to message #510797] Fri, 29 January 2010 09:03 Go to previous message
Dagmar Buggle is currently offline Dagmar BuggleFriend

Hi,
the problem was not dependent from os or so, it was just a mistake in the build configuration. I had the following lines in my build.properties:
source.. = src/,\
           META-INF/spring/

and eclipse showed me a warning there. Quick fix changed this to:
source.. = src/,\
           META-INF/spring/,\
           /

and this caused the build to copy the entire volume, which comes clear, if you take a closer look to the added line! So: Silly mistake, but costs me a lot of time searching. Be careful with quick fix.....
Regards,
Dagmar
Previous Topic:Load Native Library
Next Topic:Plugin export copies whole windows environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:14:10 GMT 2024