Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » STDERR in red in eclipse for tomcat 5.5(Problem visualizing stderr from webapplication started from eclipse)
STDERR in red in eclipse for tomcat 5.5 [message #510714] Thu, 28 January 2010 12:23
Mario Balaban is currently offline Mario BalabanFriend
I'm trying to visualize the errors that my webapp generates using log.error("...") of Log4j or System.out.error("...") in the Eclipse Consolle, but all messages are printed with black charactes and not in red, as should be for stderr messages. I'm using Eclipse (Build id: 20090920-1017) and tomcat 5.5 and I had already set the
-Djava.util.logging.config.file="<copy of catalina.base path goes here>\conf\logging.properties"
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogMa nager
parameters in the Server Run Configuration, but still no success. I can see the messges in red when I start the server from Eclipse, but not my red alerts even if I have the log4.jar in the WEB-INF/lib and the log4.properties configurated as :
log4j.appender.stderr=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.stderr.Target=System.err
log4j.appender.stderr.Threshold=ERROR
log4j.appender.stderr.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.stderr.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p %t %C{1} - %m%n
The same part of code, when runned as a standalone application with the same log4j.props works fine (errors are printed with red chars).

[Updated on: Mon, 26 April 2010 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ContentAssist with AdditionalInfo in HTML format
Next Topic:Can't find apache tomcat from eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:58:09 GMT 2024