Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » declarative services:: allows interface names with leading whitespace
declarative services:: allows interface names with leading whitespace [message #509433] Fri, 22 January 2010 12:48
thomas menzel is currently offline thomas menzelFriend
hi,

i just stumbled over this while trying to figure out why i couldnt get one of my DS services from the service registry via its interface name.

it turned out that the component xml inlcuded a whitespace at the beginning of the interface name like so:

<component name="ApertureMimeTypeIdentifier" immediate="true">
<implementation class=" com.eccenca.processing.pipelets.aperture.ApertureMimeTypeIde ntifier " />
<service>
<provide interface=" org.eclipse.smila.common.mimetype.MimeTypeIdentifier" />

the service did register all right and was up and running but couldnt get it b/c when requesting it i didnt have the leading space.

question:
shouldnt DS check if the interfaces declared here are actually implemented by the class and be java-name conformant? or even better: trim them?

this was with equinox 3.4.2 and i will open a bug for this if i dont think wrong here.

(sorry, have no time to check with the latest version)

thomas menzel aka tom
Previous Topic:How to let run Equinox on a debian server in the background / deploy Equinox?
Next Topic:declarative services and junit tests :: how do i stall test execution till SCR has finished
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:17:26 GMT 2024