Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Different Languages when Building on different Machines
Different Languages when Building on different Machines [message #508857] Wed, 20 January 2010 15:02 Go to next message
TW  is currently offline TW Friend
Hi I`m not quite sure if I am right in this section but I will add my post here, because I did not find any other section which matched my problem better.

We are currently developing an Eclipse RCP Application. We added some German Language plug-ins to the Project to ensure that we can work with the Programm in German. If we start the program from the IDE everything works fine. We are also able to build the program headless with some ant scripts and a defined target platform. If I run the Ant-Scripts on my machine everything works fine and the exported executable starts the software in German language.

If we ran th Ant-Scripts from our build server CruiseControl or from the machine of a colleague, the exported executable starts the software in English language.

I analyzed the exported directories and did notice, that the plug-in org.eclipse.ui.workbench.nl_de_3.5.0.v20091121043401.jar is responsible for this problem.

I analyzed the inner structure of the plug-in and recognized, that there is weird Metadata in the plug-in which causes the software to start in English.

I thought, that when building the product the plug-ins from the target platform are copied when needed without modifying them.

Does somebody know whats happening here?
MFG TW
Re: Different Languages when Building on different Machines [message #509027 is a reply to message #508857] Thu, 21 January 2010 08:40 Go to previous message
TW  is currently offline TW Friend
Hi,

I analyzed my problem more detailed and know what is causing the issue.

When we sign our jars during the build process
QUOTE]
signJars=true
sign.alias=xxx
sign.keystore=${buildDirectory}/builder/.keystore
sign.storepass=XXXXXX[/QUOTE]
the exported product is English.

If we don't sign our jars, the option "-nl de" is recognized and the program starts in German.

If we sign the jars something happens which is described in this thread:http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=504856&

Could it be that the babel plugins for german language I use are not signed and because of that my product wants to use the signed english plugins instead?

Thanks for your answers
Previous Topic:where can i find the BableLangugaePack for cdt 6.0?
Next Topic:Different Languages when Building on different Machines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:33 GMT 2024