Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Adding New Servers types error: Executable commandline is unspecified
Adding New Servers types error: Executable commandline is unspecified [message #508760] Wed, 20 January 2010 08:45 Go to next message
Cristina  is currently offline Cristina Friend
Hello All,

I'm extending the Servers view plug-in following the instructions of the "Eclipse Web Tools Platform" book, Chapter 12.

The server I'm trying to include is a plug-in created by me. As the example of the book, I've defined the server as a Generic Server.

I got the logic to start the server implemented in a Java class, so in the serverdef file start tag, I define a <mainClass> instead of <external>.

If I run the plugin extension as an Eclipse Application I'm able to create the new server type, but clicking on the start buttom I got the following error: "Executable commandline is unspecified"

Any clue about what could be wrong? I'm totally lost rigth now, cause I don't know how to fix this...

This is the error messages sequence:

1.Message: Executable commandline is unspecified
Exception Stack Trace: An exception stack trace is not available.

2.Message: Error starting server Example Server at localhost
Exception Stack Trace: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Executable commandline is unspecified
at org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.intern
Re: Adding New Servers types error: Executable commandline is unspecified [message #508846 is a reply to message #508760] Wed, 20 January 2010 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang Knauf is currently offline Wolfgang KnaufFriend
Hi,

you might take a look at e.g. the default JBoss server definition
(" \plugins\org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.jboss_1.6.1.v2009041 51730 "). They use
a "mainClass" to start/stop it. Maybe you find a hint what is the cause for your
error.

Wolfgang
Re: Adding New Servers types error: Executable commandline is unspecified [message #509022 is a reply to message #508760] Thu, 21 January 2010 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristina  is currently offline Cristina Friend
Hello,

The problem was in the serverTypes extension point of the plugin.xml.

It seems that if the start logic of your server is in an external file, you have to set as behaviour class org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.ExternalServerB ehaviour and as launchConfigId org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.ExternalLaunchConfigurat ionType. On the other hand, if the logic is in a class, you have to set as behaviourClass org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.internal.GenericServerBe haviour and launchConfigId org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.core.launchConfigurationType.

Hope it helps to anyone!

[Updated on: Thu, 21 January 2010 08:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding New Servers types error: Executable commandline is unspecified [message #722392 is a reply to message #508760] Mon, 05 September 2011 15:59 Go to previous message
bbreeden  is currently offline bbreeden Friend
Thanks for that info. The documentation that describes the serverdef file states that the serverType defines the type of launch. I was able to gather that the serverType definition was in the plugin.xml file but, unfortunately, I saw no indication of which fields or values in the serverType definition are used to configure the launch type. Thanks again.
Previous Topic:error while build ejb with xdoclet
Next Topic:Extending content assistance of WTP's XML editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:03:07 GMT 2024