Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Eclipse JPA project - defining connection to Oracle RAC
Eclipse JPA project - defining connection to Oracle RAC [message #507549] Wed, 13 January 2010 19:43 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Recently I wanted to play a bit with Eclipse and JPA. Thus I wanted to create a JPA project.

I got stuck when specifying the database connection, as editing the "Connection URL" (shown on the image) is not possible and I want to enter a (good, working) connection string to an Oracle RAC server which looks more or less like that:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL=TCP) (HOST=...

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Or is it currently a "feature" of the Data Source Explorer?
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4876/stacku.png

Cheers,
MH
Re: Eclipse JPA project - defining connection to Oracle RAC [message #508090 is a reply to message #507549] Fri, 15 January 2010 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
In this case the wizard is trying to help the user by providing form entry of these values as opposed to typing in the string. I would agree that it would also be nice to be able to paste in the string you want to use. Generally speaking it wouldn't be a problem to use the form to achieve the URL you want to use, but if it really is a problem you can simply create a "Generic JDBC" connection profile. This will allow you to input any connection URL that you want, without any form to get in the way. It does require an extra bit of configuration, but it's pretty minimal.

Hope this helps,
Neil
Re: Eclipse JPA project - defining connection to Oracle RAC [message #508092 is a reply to message #508090] Fri, 15 January 2010 20:46 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Thank you very much! Generic JDBC has solved the problem.
Previous Topic:Run JPA Project without Server
Next Topic:Restricting certain JPA facet versions for particular runtimes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:02:51 GMT 2024