Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » BPEL and Rest
BPEL and Rest [message #507200] Tue, 12 January 2010 13:34 Go to next message
Stefano Tranquillini is currently offline Stefano TranquilliniFriend
Hi
someone knows if is possible to use rest services directly into the bpel designer?
there's example or smt like that?
thanks
Re: BPEL and Rest [message #550783 is a reply to message #507200] Wed, 04 August 2010 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sergiu Gordea is currently offline Sergiu GordeaFriend
I asked (myself) the same question ... and I found the following answer:

http://www.jopera.org/

Best,

Sergiu

Re: BPEL and Rest [message #551115 is a reply to message #507200] Thu, 05 August 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grid.qian  is currently offline grid.qian Friend
Don't know more about restfule web serivice, but I think bpel editor can't call the rest service, because the editor need wsdl to describe web serivce.
Re: BPEL and Rest [message #551116 is a reply to message #551115] Thu, 05 August 2010 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grid.qian wrote on Thu, 05 August 2010 06:08
Don't know more about restfule web serivice, but I think bpel editor can't call the rest service, because the editor need wsdl to describe web serivce.

emm, wsdl 2.0 can describe a rest. ( a random link from google http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-res twsdl/ )
the problem is in the eclipse editor, that doesn't work with the wsdl2.0. this editor is quite old and not longer maintained (or is planned to update it?)
Re: BPEL and Rest [message #556142 is a reply to message #551116] Tue, 31 August 2010 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grid.qian  is currently offline grid.qian Friend
Yes, for now, we have a plan to revive this project.
Do you have any requirements or something else?
Re: BPEL and Rest [message #556186 is a reply to message #556142] Tue, 31 August 2010 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
grid.qian wrote on Tue, 31 August 2010 00:28
Yes, for now, we have a plan to revive this project.
Do you have any requirements or something else?

yeah, well, if the modification made via UI will be applied to the code will be great Very Happy
sometime happens when something is modified from the UI that in the code nothing happens. so the user need to change by hand the code. there are some problems also in the remove of component. not all the code is always right removed.
also the way that it creates the variable for the message could be redone, sometime it reuse variable already existing (ok, are the same type) without checking if the variable are used for something else.

but i stop to use the editor a couple of months ago so i don't remember all the issues.

PS: taking a look to the editor of Netbeans, that one is more intuitive, particularly in the way how they display the partnerLinks and the links.

PPS: probably will be great creating a thread or smt similar where the people can ask or share idea for the new release.
Re: BPEL and Rest [message #556287 is a reply to message #556186] Tue, 31 August 2010 15:36 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Stefano,

Yes, we know about the synchronization issues between design and source view and that is one of the problems we'll be working on in the near future. Other things like undo/redo are also on the list of things to do.

There are already several bugs that have been fixed (probably) since the last time you used the editor, so it might be worth another look. If you have the time, I would sure appreciate it if you could grab the latest source, build it on eclipse 3.6 (grab the Helios J2EE distro) and report any new problems in bugzilla.

Thanks!

Bob
Previous Topic:WTP now comes with javax.wsdl 1.5.1 and 1.6.2
Next Topic:The Eclipse BPEL Designer Project - what's the deal here?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:25:01 GMT 2024