Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Get Reference of StartLocation from Creation Tool
Get Reference of StartLocation from Creation Tool [message #506405] Thu, 07 January 2010 12:40
Thomas is currently offline ThomasFriend
Hi,

I am developing an GEF-Editor with the GMF-Framework. So i have to change some GEF-Classes, that i can draw Lines.

I am now available to draw a Line ( just to test my line in 1 direction -- StartPoint: getBounds().x, getBounds().y --EndPoint: getBounds().x+getBounds().width,getBounds.y+getBounds().heig ht ), but i am not able to set its Handles to the correct Creation Location of the Line. (I removed the moveHandle border ONLY!)

When i create a Line, in GEF-Class

CreationTool:

In Method #mouseDown

(| (#AbstractTool.startX and #AbstractTool.startY) <-i want this location values |)

i get the startX and startY Location, which i need, because this should be my startLineX and startLineY Point.

Now my problem is that i don´t know the reference between Creation Tool and my LineEditPart (or Figure, or what else).

If i have this LocationPoint, i am able to calculate with the bounds of the Line, and set the points in abstractPointList.

A example, which is nearly my problem is-

--ResizeTracker#updateSourceRequest()
here i am able to get the startlocation of the handle, which is resized and i am able to find out, which of my Handles i have to move/resize.

Sorry for my bad english expression!
If you need further information, please tell me.
Thanks
Thomas
Previous Topic:How to have Properties view follow Outline view selections?
Next Topic:PolygonShape and PolyLineShape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:35:41 GMT 2024