Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app
Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app [message #506207] Wed, 06 January 2010 09:34 Go to next message
Ian Mayo is currently offline Ian MayoFriend
Hi all,
I've got an workbench-based application within which I specify a catalog entry for xsd schema validation.

The uri attribute is
platform:/plugin/org.xxx.legacy/schemas/yyy.xsd

When I run this application from within Eclipse, and open the Catalog in the running app, I see that the URI has been expanded, and contains an absolute path reference to the current location of that schema.

However, when I export the app, and then run the app, it can't find the schema, because the URI hasn't been expanded.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Ian
Re: Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app [message #506268 is a reply to message #506207] Wed, 06 January 2010 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Indik is currently offline Gabriel IndikFriend
Ian,
How is the entry contributed to the XML Catalog? note that you may need to use the XML Catalog extension point to make the contribution programmatically within your application.

Regards,
Gabriel.
Re: Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app [message #506360 is a reply to message #506268] Thu, 07 January 2010 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Morning Gabriel,
thanks for coming back to me. The entry is contributed to the XML catalog by including it in one of the plugin.xml files (as shown below). As I suggested yesterday, I know the entry is being registered by the application since it appears in the catalog of the running app - it's just that the platform:/ uri isn't being expanded. Thanks in advance for any tips you can offer...

<extension name="create a catalog entry for the schema"
point="org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.catalogContributions">
<catalogContribution>
<public id="http://www.xxx.org/yyy" publicId="http://www.xxx.org/yyy"
uri="platform:/plugin/org.xxx.legacy/schemas/yyy.xsd">
</public>
</catalogContribution>
</extension>
Re: Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app [message #506547 is a reply to message #506360] Thu, 07 January 2010 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gabriel Indik is currently offline Gabriel IndikFriend
Ian,
Try making the XML Catalog contribution from the same plug-in that contains the XSD document. With this configuration, you should be able to specify the location to the schema using a path relative to the plug-in root. The extension point would look as follows:

<extension name="create a catalog entry for the schema" point="org.eclipse.wst.xml.core.catalogContributions">
<catalogContribution>
<public id="http://www.xxx.org/yyy" publicId="http://www.xxx.org/yyy" uri="schemas/yyy.xsd" />
</catalogContribution>
</extension>

Regards,
Gabriel.
Re: Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app [message #506667 is a reply to message #506547] Fri, 08 January 2010 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great,
I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
Ian
Re: Catalog URI not getting expanded in exported app [message #506689 is a reply to message #506547] Fri, 08 January 2010 19:09 Go to previous message
ian mayo is currently offline ian mayoFriend
Hi there Gabriel,
your solution worked perfectly, thanks.

Regards,
Ian Mayo
Previous Topic:Incomplete EAR creation/deloyment
Next Topic:Can I use WTP to deploy a RAP app as a war?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:52:50 GMT 2024