Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Source not Found(cannot debug jsp)
Source not Found [message #506057] Tue, 05 January 2010 22:28 Go to next message
john smith is currently offline john smithFriend
Hi All:

I needed your help!!
I am using eclipse 3.5 with weblogic 11. I used the
In my weblogic.xml I set it in debug mode and keep source. I used the weblogic eclipse plugin "org.eclipse.wst.server.core".

Here is my weblogic.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wls:weblogic-web-app xmlns:wls="http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app/1.0/weblog ic-web-app.xsd">
<wls:jsp-descriptor>
<wls:keepgenerated>true</wls:keepgenerated>
<wls:working-dir> C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\ tmp0\no_domain\work\cacs_web_internal </wls:working-dir>
<wls:debug>true</wls:debug>
</wls:jsp-descriptor>
<wls:context-root>cacs_web_internal</wls:context-root>
</wls:weblogic-web-app>

I started weblogic 11 in eclipse and able to debug the java code but for jsp it gives me the error "source not found".

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated it.

Yours,

Frustrated.
Re: Source not Found [message #524115 is a reply to message #506057] Tue, 30 March 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
We've wrestled with this same issue for hours on end with no luck. The setting of default source folders, or weblogic.xml defined working directories within Eclipse's build path have not seemed to help at all. Keep generated JSP is enabled and the java source files for compiled jsp classes are available, but even when pointing to the very folder the source is located in during a debug session (through "edit source lookup"), the Eclipse is not recognizing these files.

We've tried doing the same thing by setting up a Remote Java Application in debug configurations, but with the same results. Since, this may be better answered in an Eclipse forum, but thought to try here as well in case anyone may have run into a similar issue.

Is there a particular setting we're overlooking that might need to be enabled in order for this to work properly?

Thanks,

Eric
Re: Source not Found [message #558025 is a reply to message #524115] Thu, 09 September 2010 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
I'm also facing this issue with:
-weblogic 10.0 MP2 (with oracle patch for ejb 3 deployment issue),
-Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Build id: 20100218-1602

It stops at the right line, but doesn't show the line. Going through the "Edit Source Lookup Path..." and adding parent folders doesn't work; even adding the direct folder doesn't work. Is it filtering out certain file types during search perhaps?
Re: Source not Found [message #558035 is a reply to message #558025] Thu, 09 September 2010 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
<saadshakil@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:i6bgn2$v1n$1@build.eclipse.org...
> I'm also facing this issue with:
> -weblogic 10.0 MP2 (with oracle patch for ejb 3 deployment
> issue), -Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Build id: 20100218-1602
>
> It stops at the right line, but doesn't show the line. Going through the
> "Edit Source Lookup Path..." and adding parent folders doesn't work; even
> adding the direct folder doesn't work. Is it filtering out certain file
> types during search perhaps?

Is the JSP being compiled with debugging information? If not, then there is
no way for the debugger to match up the compiled code with the source.
Re: Source not Found [message #558040 is a reply to message #558035] Thu, 09 September 2010 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By adding the following to the managed server's jvm startup args?
-g

Instructs the Java compiler to include debugging information in the class file.

or should i just add this to the weblogic.xml file?
 <weblogic-web-app>
    <description>WebLogic Descriptor</description>
    <jsp-descriptor>
       <jsp-param>
          <param-name>debug</param-name>
          <param-value>true</param-value>
       </jsp-param>
    </jsp-descriptor>
 </weblogic-web-app>

thanks
Re: Source not Found [message #558180 is a reply to message #506057] Fri, 10 September 2010 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found a resolution to the issue, though I'm unsure of how to make it automatically occur.

Simply copying the JSPs into the directory which the corresponding class & java file is located, JSP debugging works.

Does anyone know how to configure this? The directories created by Weblogic are named differently which prevents me from automating this without some sort of external script.

[Updated on: Fri, 22 October 2010 20:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Source not Found [message #558630 is a reply to message #558180] Mon, 13 September 2010 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying debug OWASP ESAPI's encoder().encodeForHTML method on a jsp page, and the debugger stops at the right line, but I cannot go into the source. I have the source for the library in my environment. Currently the ESAPI library is in the ear file, and accessible on the classpath.

Adding jsp-descriptor jsp-param 'debug' with value 'true' did not work with WL 10.

The option -g didn't help either. Sad

Re: Source not Found [message #634715 is a reply to message #506057] Fri, 22 October 2010 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J James is currently offline J JamesFriend
Adding my voice to the choir, I am having this exact issue.

Debug information is present, because I get variable names, correct current line numbers, etc. The only thing missing is the source. No matter what I do to point it to the source, I keep getting the message "Source not found."

A previous post said to copy the generated java files to the directories where the corresponding class files are. On my system, the generated java files (ie: myPage.jsp --> myPage.java) are already in the same directory as the class files (myPage.class).

&#*(&*@ Weblogic!!
Re: Source not Found [message #634719 is a reply to message #634715] Fri, 22 October 2010 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@J James

"A previous post said to copy the generated java files to the directories where the corresponding class files are. On my system, the generated java files (ie: myPage.jsp --> myPage.java) are already in the same directory as the class files (myPage.class)."

I apologize, I believe I should have noted copying the JSPs to the same folder the java and class files are in corrects the issue.
Re: Source not Found [message #634736 is a reply to message #634719] Fri, 22 October 2010 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J James is currently offline J JamesFriend
Yes! That did it..

I copied the JSP to the directory with the generated class and java file.. Initially, the 'Source not found' error went away, and was replaced with another, telling me the resource did not exist (though I could plainly see it in the directory).. Turns out I just needed to refresh.

It will likely become tedious copying those files to the directory, so I will write a script to do that.. I'll post it when I get it done.

In the meantime, thank you, thank you.. I can go home happy now.
Re: Source not Found [message #667482 is a reply to message #634736] Fri, 29 April 2011 02:30 Go to previous message
I am also struggling with this issue, using WTP 2.6 (Helios) and trying to debug JSPs using weblogic 10.3.

In which directory do the corresponding java and class files get created? Is it in the .metadata/plugin?
Previous Topic:Create launch configurations programmatically
Next Topic:visibleWhen of a menuContribution based on view selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:38:55 GMT 2024