Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests
Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests [message #505721] Mon, 04 January 2010 11:32 Go to next message
Marcel Hoetter is currently offline Marcel HoetterFriend
Hello newsgroup.

We have a growing number of JUnit-Plug-In tests for components of our software that do not need the
UI to run. These tests could be run with the "headless" application option if we had the
org.eclipse.ui.ide plug-in in our target platform.
Unfortunately, this is not the case. Right now the tests are instead run with dedicated stipped down
Eclipse applications. I already tried to modify the Application class so it does not call the
PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench method. But apparently the JUnit tests are not executed then.
What do i have to do in the Application.start method to get the tests run without creating
a workbench?

Thanks,

Marcel
Re: Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests [message #508960 is a reply to message #505721] Wed, 20 January 2010 21:16 Go to previous message
martin is currently offline martinFriend
Hi Marcel,

still alive and working on RCP??? Very Happy

Headless RCP Testing is a Pain in the Ass (well, sometimes...)

By Headless testing, you mean within an Headless Build outside the IDE or within the Beast? Rolling Eyes
How does your setup look like? Are your tests defined in separate Fragments?

In my experience, you cannot modify the application-class, because your tests propably may need a running workbench, I would rather recommend using a separate target-plattform for your unit-tests.

We implemented this once and that worked like a charm!
Grüssle

Martin
Previous Topic:feature can't access 3rd party jar of plugin
Next Topic:Headless JUnit Plug-In Tests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:45:30 GMT 2024