Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » How to deal with profile problem during updating with p2?
How to deal with profile problem during updating with p2? [message #505652] Mon, 04 January 2010 08:09
Li Junhong is currently offline Li JunhongFriend
Dear all,

I need to enable the updates function in our exported RCP(based on Eclipse 3.5). I read many articles and tutorials about p2 on the Internet. But problems come over and over again.

I tried to learn some from the samples(http:// wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Adding_Self-Update_to_an_RCP_App lication). Now, my problem is that, I check out the sample "sdkbundlevisibility" from cvs and run it, when I install a new feature from a local update site. I met the error that said "Profile id _SELF_ is not registered". I know that the id of "_SELF" is called from PreloadingRepositoryHandler.execute(). But how can I register my own profile and make update function work indeed?

I'm quite confused about the update function in exported RCP recently. Could anyone help me? Any comment is welcome. Thanks in advance!

----------------------------------
Li

[Updated on: Mon, 04 January 2010 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:About oledb provider connection
Next Topic:The p2 update stuff
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:50:15 GMT 2024