Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Technology Project and PMC » Eclipse Update (2.0.2-->2.1.0) fails: java.util.zip.ZipException
Eclipse Update (2.0.2-->2.1.0) fails: java.util.zip.ZipException [message #51097] Wed, 02 April 2003 10:33 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: steffen.hauser.nospam.com

I want to to update my Eclipse 2.0.2 installation to the most recent 2.1.0
version, so I go to -->Help-->Software Updates-->New Updates. Eclipse then
offers me to update my installation, but during the update-process I always
get the following error messages:

Problem occured
Unable to complete action for feature "Eclipse Project SDK (Windows)" due to
errors.
The File C:\Temp\eclipse\.update\...\eclipse36514.tmp is not a valid JAR
file. [java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening file]

-see attached Screenshot-

Thanks in advance for any ideas how to solve the problem,

-STEFFEN-


Re: Eclipse Update (2.0.2-->2.1.0) fails: java.util.zip.ZipException [message #51154 is a reply to message #51097] Wed, 02 April 2003 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: daniel.hotmail.com

"Steffen Hauser" <steffen.hauser@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:b6ee0f$eag$1@rogue.oti.com...
> I want to to update my Eclipse 2.0.2 installation to the most recent 2.1.0
> version, so I go to -->Help-->Software Updates-->New Updates. Eclipse then
> offers me to update my installation, but during the update-process I
always
> get the following error messages:

why not just directly update to eclipse2.1.
I guess the only important folder you should back up is workspace
>
> Problem occured
> Unable to complete action for feature "Eclipse Project SDK (Windows)" due
to
> errors.
> The File C:\Temp\eclipse\.update\...\eclipse36514.tmp is not a valid JAR
> file. [java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening file]
>
> -see attached Screenshot-
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas how to solve the problem,
>
> -STEFFEN-
>
>
>
Re: Eclipse Update (2.0.2-->2.1.0) fails: java.util.zip.ZipException [message #51997 is a reply to message #51154] Tue, 08 April 2003 12:05 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: steffen.hauser.nospam.com

"Daniel Mark" <daniel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:b6eoms$not$1@rogue.oti.com...

> why not just directly update to eclipse2.1.
> I guess the only important folder you should back up is workspace

OK, I installed Eclipse 2.1.0 to a new directory and tried to start it using
my old workspace from Eclipse 2.0.2. But Eclipse didn't start at all, I only
saw the splash-screen forever... I tried to use the -data parameter as well
as to replace the 2.1.0 workspace with the original one. I didn't have any
problems with a 2.0.1 workspace.
Re: Eclipse Update (2.0.2-->2.1.0) fails: java.util.zip.ZipException [message #592371 is a reply to message #51097] Wed, 02 April 2003 13:35 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: daniel.hotmail.com

"Steffen Hauser" <steffen.hauser@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:b6ee0f$eag$1@rogue.oti.com...
> I want to to update my Eclipse 2.0.2 installation to the most recent 2.1.0
> version, so I go to -->Help-->Software Updates-->New Updates. Eclipse then
> offers me to update my installation, but during the update-process I
always
> get the following error messages:

why not just directly update to eclipse2.1.
I guess the only important folder you should back up is workspace
>
> Problem occured
> Unable to complete action for feature "Eclipse Project SDK (Windows)" due
to
> errors.
> The File C:\Temp\eclipse\.update\...\eclipse36514.tmp is not a valid JAR
> file. [java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening file]
>
> -see attached Screenshot-
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas how to solve the problem,
>
> -STEFFEN-
>
>
>
Re: Eclipse Update (2.0.2-->2.1.0) fails: java.util.zip.ZipException [message #592684 is a reply to message #51154] Tue, 08 April 2003 12:05 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: steffen.hauser.nospam.com

"Daniel Mark" <daniel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:b6eoms$not$1@rogue.oti.com...

> why not just directly update to eclipse2.1.
> I guess the only important folder you should back up is workspace

OK, I installed Eclipse 2.1.0 to a new directory and tried to start it using
my old workspace from Eclipse 2.0.2. But Eclipse didn't start at all, I only
saw the splash-screen forever... I tried to use the -data parameter as well
as to replace the 2.1.0 workspace with the original one. I didn't have any
problems with a 2.0.1 workspace.
Previous Topic:when hot code replacement fails
Next Topic:Newbie: how te set up a minimal build
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:26:23 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03106 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top