Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » From generated output how to execute another work flow
From generated output how to execute another work flow [message #505017] Thu, 24 December 2009 14:05 Go to next message
pkojo is currently offline pkojoFriend
Hi,

I want to execute three workflow file, they depend on the output files. here is the scenario:

workflow -1 ---> src-gen 1( file1, file 2. file 3, All) ---// upto here normal process, how to do the next steps
file 1 invokes ----> workflow 2 ---> src-gen2 ( requiredfile1)
file 2 invokes -----> workflow 3 ---> src-gen 3 ( requiredfile2)

file1+file2+file3 ( All) --> workflow for All files --> src-gen 4 ( combined result ( requiredfile1+requiredfile2)

any idea, how to proceed with this approach. If possible simple example will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Pkojo

Re: From generated output how to execute another work flow [message #505078 is a reply to message #505017] Sat, 26 December 2009 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

One workflow can call another workflow by using
<workflow>
 <cartridge file="otherWorkflow.mwe"/>

But I guess this is not what you meant. I'm not sure how you mean that file1 invokes workflow 2. As it is just generated text, it is not executable before compiling. You can invoke a workflow by calling the main() method of class WorkflowRunner, passing the workflow file as argument and having the right classpath.

HTH,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Re: From generated output how to execute another work flow [message #505123 is a reply to message #505078] Sun, 27 December 2009 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Karsten,

Let me clear what I mean by file1, file 2,,,,

suppose I have generated html files (file1. html, file2.html .....,) and
html files contain hyperlinks to execute another workflow file.

If I use cartridgefile to execute another workflow file it will give me all results ( generated output in one execution), I want some controlled output,

file1.html contains different hyperlinks, which are used for model to model transformation, for this I have to use xtend componenet which can only be invoked using workflowfile, like wise file2.html and so on.

What do u think, how it will work, or any other suggestion.

Best regards,
pkojo
Re: From generated output how to execute another work flow [message #505148 is a reply to message #505078] Sun, 27 December 2009 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

You can invoke a workflow by calling the main() method of class WorkflowRunner, passing the workflow file as argument and having the right classpath.

Where can I find documentation for workflowflowRunner class, I did not find this in eclipse help section.

thanks,
pkojo
Re: From generated output how to execute another work flow [message #505164 is a reply to message #505148] Mon, 28 December 2009 09:20 Go to previous message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

I'm not sure how you would be able to execute Java code from HTML Hyperlinks. Anyway, the WorkflowRunner is described in the Modeling Worklow Engine reference in your Eclipse help, section "Invoking a workflow".

HTH,
~Karsten

Need professional support for Xtext, EMF, Eclipse IDE?
Go to: http://devhub.karakun.com
Twitter : @kthoms
Blog : www.karsten-thoms.de
Previous Topic:[Xtext] Can a keyword not be generated as a lexer rule ?
Next Topic:[Xtext] Debugging an antlr grammar generated with TMF Xtext 0.7.x or 0.8.x
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:25:47 GMT 2024