Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » corrupted eclipse JAR signature?
corrupted eclipse JAR signature? [message #504473] Sat, 19 December 2009 19:08
Hacking Bear is currently offline Hacking BearFriend
Hi,

In the process of exporting application to JNLP, I found that one of the Eclipse jar seems to have a corrupted signature.

(JAR the directory if it is not in JAR file form.)
$ jarsigner.exe -verify -verbose org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.registry_3.2.200.v200 90429-
1800.jar
jarsigner: java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid signature file digest for Manifest main attributes

The library/JAR (as found in eclipse/plugins) is apparently corrupted. The Eclipse apparently is using this JAR and the JNLP Export Wizard does not make any complain. But the resulting JAR in the JNLP plugins folder cannot be loaded by WebStart. I have to unjar this one, edit the MANIFEST.MF to remove the signatures, remove the META-INF/ECLIPSE*.*, sign it again manually with our certificate. This does not happen to any other JARs, whether it is ours or eclipse.

More strangely, if I create an unsigned version of this JAR and replace the one in eclipse/plugins, Eclipse would complain unable to find this JAR and the Export Wizard complain the same thing. If they depend on the signed JARs, why wouldn't they complain with the original one?

Does anyone have the same problem?
Previous Topic:Common usages of views and editors in Eclipse RCP applications regarding to enterprise automation?
Next Topic:select the last added row in a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:44:34 GMT 2024