Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest
EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #503730] Tue, 15 December 2009 09:38 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mail.thomashaertel.com

Hi all,

I am trying to add the new 2.0 release of eclipselink zu my rcp
application (eclipse-3.5.1-rcp install). When I add
org.eclipse.persistence.core or org.eclipse.persistence.jpa to my
manifest as a required plugin I get the following errors in the
manifest: "Unsatisfied version constraint" and in the plugin classes all
imports beginning with org.eclipse.* cannot be resolved.

I have seen that there is already a bug reported, which is markted as
fixed: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=265763

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

thx.

Best regards,
Thomas Haertel
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #503813 is a reply to message #503730] Tue, 15 December 2009 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shaun Smith is currently offline Shaun SmithFriend
Hi Thomas,

I checked the RCP example out of trunk in the EclipseLink SVN, updated the javax.persistence version requirement of the org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated bundle to minimum 2.0 and was able to run against the EclipseLink 2.0 bundles available for download as the EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGi Bundles Zip.

When I changed my target in PDE to include EclipseLink 2.0 I got all kinds of errors but through reloading the target, restarting Eclipse, and cleaning all projects I was finally able to convince PDE that there wasn't a problem. Perhaps you're experiencing the same PDE issues I was seeing?

The RCP example app ran fine once PDE was happy.

--Shaun
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #503950 is a reply to message #503813] Wed, 16 December 2009 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: mail.thomashaertel.com

Hi Shaun,

thanks for your reply. I can't get it run with your instructions.

I took a fresh Eclipse 3.5.1 RCP installation an installed the
EclipseLink plugin from your link as a dropin in Eclipse. Then I
imported the example projects into a new workspace. To fix all the
errors in PDE I had to change the manifest in
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated to the follwing:

Import-Package: javax.persistence;version="[1.99.0,2.0.0]"

The same change was made in the manifest from plugin
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.setup.

I made no changes in plugin
org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.rcp.comics. The plugin has as
required plugin org.eclipse.persistence.jpa which gives the same errors
as I wrote in my first post. Every class is markted with errors, because
the org.eclipse packages are not found. When I remove the dependency
these errors are gone, but then the classes PersistenceUnitProperties
and PersistenceProvider are not found.

I hope you can reproduce it.

regards,
Thomas

Am 15.12.2009 17:46, schrieb Shaun Smith:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I checked the RCP example out of trunk in the EclipseLink SVN, updated
> the javax.persistence version requirement of the
> org.eclipse.persistence.example.jpa.comics.model.annotated bundle to
> minimum 2.0 and was able to run against the EclipseLink 2.0 bundles
> available for download as the
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/rt/eclip selink/releases/2.0.0/eclipselink-plugins-2.0.0.v20091127-r5 931.zip
>
>
> When I changed my target in PDE to include EclipseLink 2.0 I got all
> kinds of errors but through reloading the target, restarting Eclipse,
> and cleaning all projects I was finally able to convince PDE that there
> wasn't a problem. Perhaps you're experiencing the same PDE issues I was
> seeing?
>
> The RCP example app ran fine once PDE was happy.
>
> --Shaun
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #504468 is a reply to message #503950] Sat, 19 December 2009 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juergen Jessenig is currently offline Juergen JessenigFriend
I got the same error here!

- Fresh install of Eclipse 3.5.1 (Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in Developers Build id: 20090920-1017)
- Downloaded EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles ZIP from http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/downloads/
- Added the expanded folder to the Target Platform settings (Preferences/Plug-In Development/Target Platform)
- Created a new Plugin-Project (Rich Client Application)

As soon as I add org.eclipse.persistence.core (2.0.0) or org.eclipse.persistence.jpa (2.0.0) the "Plug-In Dependencies" folder in the Package Explorer view disappears and all classes get a red cross, and when I mouseover the error symbols on the according lines of the MANIFEST.MF I get the error "Unsatisfied Version Constraint" on ALL required bundles...

The problem also appears when using the EclipseLink 1.2.0 Release - but it does not appear when using the 1.1.2 Release you get from the online update...

Help would be great ,-)

TIA, Juergen

[Updated on: Sat, 19 December 2009 16:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #504554 is a reply to message #504468] Mon, 21 December 2009 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've done a fresh download of the RCP distro and EclipseLink 2.0 bundles (added to target) and although I can get code running, PDE is acting weird. When I try to add required bundles I don't get any bundles displayed in the dialog. But when I use the import-package dialog I can successfully import javax.* and org.eclipse.persistence.* packages. So using import-package I can get code running. I have no idea what's up with PDE. Since I can successfully run code on Equinox the EclipseLink manifests appear to be fine. I think this is a PDE issue.

We moved to BND generated manifests in, I believe 1.2, and I haven't had any trouble working in PDE with EclipseLink source bundles. I'll continue to investigate and post my results.

--Shaun
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #504592 is a reply to message #504554] Mon, 21 December 2009 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm convinced this is a PDE problem, not EclipseLink 2.0. I opened Eclipse 3.4 with the EclipseLink in the dropins folder and had no errors when I added o.e.p.jpa to my required bundles.

In Eclipse 3.5 and 3.5.1 regardless of whether I put EclipseLink 2.0 in the dropins folder or augment my target environment with EclipseLink bundles I get the same "explosion" of errors when I add o.e.p.jpa to my required bundles.

I'll filed a bug against PDE but in the meantime it looks like you can either use import-package or Eclipse 3.4.

--Shaun

[Updated on: Mon, 21 December 2009 17:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #506221 is a reply to message #504592] Wed, 06 January 2010 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Watson of the Equinox team has done some investigation and it looks like there is a simple workaround until we resolve this in EclipseLink (Bug 298949).

In your target platform, don't include javax.activation, javax.transactions, or javax.xml.stream as these bundles provide packages that compete with those provided by the JDK in rt.jar. Once removed PDE should be able to resolve all dependencies and you should be able to develop RCP apps with EclipseLink 2.0.

--Shaun
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #506511 is a reply to message #506221] Thu, 07 January 2010 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Shaun,

I tried to follow your instructions - without luck. Here'a step by step list what I did:

1. Download/Unpack fresh Eclipse RCP Package
2. Download/Unpack fresh EclipseLink 2.0.0 Plugins Package
3. Copy EclipseLink Plugins folder to eclipse root folder as "plugins_custom"
4. Adding the EclipseLink Plugin folder to the target environment (Preferences/Plug-in Development/Target Platform - Running Platform - Edit - Locations - Add - Directory)
5. Unchecking javax.activation, javax.transaction and javax.xml.stream (Preferences/Plug-in Development/Target Platform - Running Platform - Edit - Content)
6. Savig the preferences
7. Creating a new RCP Projects
8. Add javax.pesistence (2.0.0), org.eclipse.persistence.antlr (2.0.0), org.eclipse.persistence.asm (2.0.0), org.eclipse.persistence.core (2.0.0), org.eclipse.persistence.jpa (2.0.0) under Dependencies in the MANIFEST.MF from my RCP-Project.

As soon as I save the MANIFEST.MF file, the same error occurs - the Plugin-Dependencies Folder in the Package Explorer disappears, every class-file get's a red cross, and in the MANIFEST.MF section of the editor all packages show the "Unsatisfied version constraint" error...

I'm not very experienced as a RCP Developer, so... what am I doing wrong???

Kind regards,

Juergen
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #506517 is a reply to message #506511] Thu, 07 January 2010 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Juergen,

The followed your instructions and I also get a failure. The only thing I did differently when I got it working before was to not include javax.activation, javax.transaction, or javax.xml.stream bundles in the EclipseLink bundles folder. You unselected them and when I tried that I got the same problem. I think this could be another PDE bug because when I look in the plugin view I don't see any of these bundles in my target.

So to get this working, try removing those three bundles entirely.

--Shaun
Re: EclipseLink 2.0.0 OSGI Bundles RCP Plugin error in manifest [message #506551 is a reply to message #506517] Thu, 07 January 2010 23:27 Go to previous message
Thanks for the very quick reply which "solved" the problem.

If I understand this correctly, these .jar files don't have to be included because they are also provided by the JDK's rt.jar and they only appear in the EclipseLink plugins download because they get reexported with the EclipseLink Bundle, right?

Thanks again for your help, kind regards, Juergen
Previous Topic:JPQL join fetch usable in native EclipseLink application?
Next Topic:sequence getting out of sync
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:00:55 GMT 2024