Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Missing .jnlp after feature export(JNLP web Start)
icon5.gif  Missing .jnlp after feature export [message #502176] Sun, 06 December 2009 23:02 Go to next message
Hacking Bear is currently offline Hacking BearFriend
Hi, I follow Eclipse help page "Deploying eclipse based application with Java Web Start" to export deployable JNLP feature.

I first create a plugin project 'testjnlp' using the sample mail app template, product configuration and then create feature project from the product config, adding the equinox.launcher plugins.

In the export wizard, I select the directory to deploy to, make sure "Package as individual JARs" and its sub-options are selected, make sure "Sign JARs" and "Create JNLP manifest" are selected. The site URL is http://localhost:8080/testjnlp, and JRE = 1.5.

The wizard runs successfully to completion. All plugin JARs are deployed. but I don't see any .jnlp. I see

Deploy root: /cygdrive/d/tomcat/webapps/testjnlp
$ ls
artifacts.jar binary content.jar features plugins

$ ls features/
testjnlp.feature_1.0.0.jar

$ ls binary/
testjnlp.feature_root_1.0.0

I would expect (a) a testjnlp.feature.jnlp being generated and put under features/; and (b) my testjnlp.jnlp being copied from rootfiles/ (which has been set as the 'root' property in buildproperties) to the deploy root. (neither I know what this binary file is for; nothing mentioned in the help page.)

The attached file contains both the plugin and the feature projects.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Missing .jnlp after feature export [message #502525 is a reply to message #502176] Tue, 08 December 2009 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hacking Bear is currently offline Hacking BearFriend
hi,

Can anyone help me on that? currently, I work around by creating my own list of JAR references using a script.

thanks
Re: Missing .jnlp after feature export [message #526778 is a reply to message #502176] Mon, 12 April 2010 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andros  is currently offline andros Friend
Hi there:

Im facing the same problem, did you manage to find a clean solution?, i cant apply your workaround cause my project its too big

Many thanks
Re: Missing .jnlp after feature export [message #529561 is a reply to message #526778] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:10 Go to previous message
Bernd van Velsen is currently offline Bernd van VelsenFriend
anyone found an answer for this?
Previous Topic:how to invoke a new view from existing view
Next Topic:How to reinitialize Equinox?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:34:12 GMT 2024