Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server?
Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #498437] Mon, 16 November 2009 22:29 Go to next message
Bryan Mising name is currently offline Bryan Mising nameFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2009
Junior Member
Hi everyone, I am using the latest version of PDT. I have a remote server that I currently just use ftp to transfer my files to, but that is a pain.

Is there a feature in PDT or a plug-in that I can send my files via ftp to the remote server?

I am on openSUSE 11.1 by the way.

thanks
Re: Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #498497 is a reply to message #498437] Tue, 17 November 2009 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: leo5t.yahoo.it

Il Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:29:58 -0500, Bryan ha scritto:

> Hi everyone, I am using the latest version of PDT. I have a remote
> server that I currently just use ftp to transfer my files to, but that
> is a pain.
>
> Is there a feature in PDT or a plug-in that I can send my files via ftp
> to the remote server?
>
> I am on openSUSE 11.1 by the way.
>
> thanks

Hello,
i think the main project about that is RSE plugin. It also has a sync
feature but i found it very buggy because my eclipse installation hangs
very often while using ftp feature.

Bye, Leo
Re: Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #498693 is a reply to message #498437] Wed, 18 November 2009 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elkuku is currently offline elkukuFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
i am using http://www.jcraft.com/eclipse-sftp/ which handels sftp and
also 'normal' ftp. It can calso sync.

btw.. I am on OpenSuSE too ;)

Bryan schrieb:
> Hi everyone, I am using the latest version of PDT. I have a remote
> server that I currently just use ftp to transfer my files to, but that
> is a pain.
>
> Is there a feature in PDT or a plug-in that I can send my files via ftp
> to the remote server?
>
> I am on openSUSE 11.1 by the way.
>
> thanks
Re: Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #498695 is a reply to message #498693] Wed, 18 November 2009 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: leo5t.yahoo.it

Il Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:11:33 -0500, Nikolai Plath ha scritto:

> Hi,
> i am using http://www.jcraft.com/eclipse-sftp/ which handels sftp and
> also 'normal' ftp. It can calso sync.
>
> btw.. I am on OpenSuSE too ;)

Hello,
which version of eclipse are you using? I'm on 3.5 (Galileo)

Leo
Re: Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #499402 is a reply to message #498695] Sat, 21 November 2009 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elkuku is currently offline elkukuFriend
Messages: 22
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Yes I'm on Galileo too.

Nikolai

MrPink schrieb:
> Il Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:11:33 -0500, Nikolai Plath ha scritto:
>
>> Hi,
>> i am using http://www.jcraft.com/eclipse-sftp/ which handels sftp and
>> also 'normal' ftp. It can calso sync.
>>
>> btw.. I am on OpenSuSE too ;)
>
> Hello,
> which version of eclipse are you using? I'm on 3.5 (Galileo)
>
> Leo
>
Re: Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #499403 is a reply to message #498437] Sat, 21 November 2009 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sNop is currently offline sNopFriend
Messages: 281
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Bryan napsal(a):
> Hi everyone, I am using the latest version of PDT. I have a remote
> server that I currently just use ftp to transfer my files to, but that
> is a pain.
>
> Is there a feature in PDT or a plug-in that I can send my files via ftp
> to the remote server?
>
> I am on openSUSE 11.1 by the way.
>
> thanks

Hi,

I recommend you Aptana, which have very good Sync Manager, one click upload and download selected files in any explorer, any problem ;), but use Aptana 1.5.x and not 2.0

I garant you taht you will be very satisfied. ;)

I'm using it about one year without nay problems.

Sync manager support delete orphan file on local or remote site, support time or crc32 synchro, ... Simply the FTP, SFTP and FTPS support is very good.
Re: Is there a feature or plug-in for PDT to send files via FTP to a remote server? [message #501071 is a reply to message #499403] Mon, 30 November 2009 21:52 Go to previous message
Bryan Mising name is currently offline Bryan Mising nameFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2009
Junior Member
Hi guys, thanks for the reply, I just installed Aptana. I will see how it goes.

thanks
Previous Topic:Cannot open PHP files after updating - Editor could not be initialized
Next Topic:How to solve the problem of saving a .htm file?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun May 16 19:24:40 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02244 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top