Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Synchronize edit part with domain model(How to synchronize the edit part with domain programmatically as it's done by F5 key press)
Synchronize edit part with domain model [message #494224] Thu, 29 October 2009 16:05 Go to next message
Vitaly Savicks is currently offline Vitaly SavicksFriend
When I set reference value in my domain element using EMF's SetCommand, the diagram
is not synchronized with domain model, so I need to select the view and press F5. How
can I do it programmatically?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2009 16:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Synchronize edit part with domain model [message #494227 is a reply to message #494224] Thu, 29 October 2009 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olivier Marot is currently offline Olivier MarotFriend
Hi Vitaly,

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Integrating-EMF-GMF- Editors/index.html
Enjoy.
Re: Synchronize edit part with domain model [message #494234 is a reply to message #494227] Thu, 29 October 2009 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vitaly Savicks is currently offline Vitaly SavicksFriend
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for quick response and for the link. Actually I don't need to integrate both editors. maybe I've described the problem badly. The stuff I do is updating the diagram dynamically (in a listener) and for that I use pure EMF commands, although I could of course have used GMF ones, but it's easier for my case. So when I add an element for instance, it is actually added, but the diagram doesn't show the changes until I manually select the corresponding element and press F5. How can I do it in code, preferrably without much of GMF commands involved?

[Updated on: Thu, 29 October 2009 16:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Synchronize edit part with domain model [message #495303 is a reply to message #494234] Wed, 04 November 2009 14:26 Go to previous message
Alex Shatalin is currently offline Alex ShatalinFriend
Hello Vitaly,

See generated ???DiagramUpdateCommand.

-----------------
Alex Shatalin
Previous Topic:GMF diagram elements movement should affect underlying EMF model
Next Topic:Changing of label fonts leads to wrong min and pref sizes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:59:27 GMT 2024