Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build
Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #493894] Wed, 28 October 2009 12:26 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: udaykabe.yahoo.com

Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build? Try
as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based Eclipse
automated build with the following environment:

1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried 3.4.2
as the host as well)
2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT features
as a base target
3. my own branding plugin
4. Windows platform

The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried to
follow some threads I googled on this but...):

[java] [echo]
org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
"plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
" C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar " has
been tampered!

[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
[java] [echo] at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[java] [echo] at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[java] [echo] at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
[java] [echo] at
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
[java] logDirectorCall:
[java] BUILD FAILED
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #493964 is a reply to message #493894] Wed, 28 October 2009 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Niefer is currently offline Andrew NieferFriend
The problem here is that the
org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
this file, the signature is invalidated.

I believe you are hitting this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596

The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
getting that hacked file.

To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK and
then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.

-Andrew

Uday Kabe wrote:
> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based
> Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>
> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
> features as a base target
> 3. my own branding plugin
> 4. Windows platform
>
> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
> dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried
> to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>
>
> [java] [echo]
> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
> has been tampered!
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> [java] [echo] at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] [echo] at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
> [java] logDirectorCall:
> [java] BUILD FAILED
>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #494065 is a reply to message #493964] Thu, 29 October 2009 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a lot
vested in this):

1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What exactly
happens?

2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?

3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for adding
the rest?

4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins folder,
and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?

Thanks again.

Uday

"Andrew Niefer" <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
> The problem here is that the org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini
> file has been modified. The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary
> bundle, and by modifying this file, the signature is invalidated.
>
> I believe you are hitting this bug:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>
> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
> getting that hacked file.
>
> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK and
> then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>
> -Andrew
>
> Uday Kabe wrote:
>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
>> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based Eclipse
>> automated build with the following environment:
>>
>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>> features as a base target
>> 3. my own branding plugin
>> 4. Windows platform
>>
>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
>> dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried
>> to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>
>>
>> [java] [echo]
>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>> has been tampered!
>>
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>> Source)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #494205 is a reply to message #494065] Thu, 29 October 2009 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uday,
I wrote two examples of creating a custom eclipse distribution:
http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-c ustom-eclipse.html
http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/adt-part-2-more-like-epp .html

Both contain links to example builds that you can run. You should be
able to take the example setup as a base to create your own product.

1: In this case, someone in the EPP project went in and manually changed
that file.
2: You need to distinguish between the SDK (org.eclipse.sdk.ide) or
platform (org.eclipse.platform.ide) _products_ and the associated
(org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.platform) features. The products include
branding information and such things that you don't really want to
reuse. What you do want to reuse is the features which just include the
required plugins and sub-features.

Uday Kabe wrote:
> Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a
> lot vested in this):
>
> 1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What
> exactly happens?
>
> 2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
> around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?
>
> 3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for
> adding the rest?
>
> 4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins
> folder, and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Uday
>
>
> "Andrew Niefer" <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> The problem here is that the
>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
>> The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
>> this file, the signature is invalidated.
>>
>> I believe you are hitting this bug:
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>>
>> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
>> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
>> getting that hacked file.
>>
>> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK
>> and then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>>
>> -Andrew
>>
>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2
>>> build? Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded
>>> P2-based Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>>>
>>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>>> features as a base target
>>> 3. my own branding plugin
>>> 4. Windows platform
>>>
>>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is
>>> a dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have
>>> tried to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>>
>>>
>>> [java] [echo]
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>>> has been tampered!
>>>
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>
>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #494294 is a reply to message #494205] Fri, 30 October 2009 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thanks much Andrew. I will check back in after I follow through your
examples.

Uday

news:hccaoo$g7e$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Uday,
> I wrote two examples of creating a custom eclipse distribution:
> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-c ustom-eclipse.html
> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/adt-part-2-more-like-epp .html
>
> Both contain links to example builds that you can run. You should be able
> to take the example setup as a base to create your own product.
>
> 1: In this case, someone in the EPP project went in and manually changed
> that file.
> 2: You need to distinguish between the SDK (org.eclipse.sdk.ide) or
> platform (org.eclipse.platform.ide) _products_ and the associated
> (org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.platform) features. The products include
> branding information and such things that you don't really want to reuse.
> What you do want to reuse is the features which just include the required
> plugins and sub-features.
>
>
> Uday Kabe wrote:
>> Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a
>> lot vested in this):
>>
>> 1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What
>> exactly happens?
>>
>> 2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
>> around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?
>>
>> 3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for
>> adding the rest?
>>
>> 4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins
>> folder, and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Uday
>>
>>
>> "Andrew Niefer" <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>> news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> The problem here is that the
>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
>>> The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
>>> this file, the signature is invalidated.
>>>
>>> I believe you are hitting this bug:
>>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>>>
>>> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
>>> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
>>> getting that hacked file.
>>>
>>> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK and
>>> then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>>>
>>> -Andrew
>>>
>>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
>>>> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based
>>>> Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>>>>
>>>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>>>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>>>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>>>> features as a base target
>>>> 3. my own branding plugin
>>>> 4. Windows platform
>>>>
>>>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
>>>> dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried
>>>> to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> [java] [echo]
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>>>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>>>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>>>> has been tampered!
>>>>
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>>>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>>>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>>
>>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #499294 is a reply to message #494294] Fri, 20 November 2009 16:53 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Hi Andrew,

I did work with your part 2 example and got it working after updating the
url for cvs. However, I seem to be unable to take it further with my own
plugins and additional eclipse dependencies. Try as I might, I am
struggling with P2 and with the packager.

My basic plan was to create a base installation (which can be specified in
build.properties using the base property) and then create my own branded
product that included my own plugins.

I need to create a base installation (without constantly starting with the
bare sdk and manually updating eclipse everytime something goes wrong during
update) that includes the following via a packaging map:

packaging.map excerpt:
eclipse-SDK-3.4.2-win32.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//eclipse/downloads/dr ops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
| win32,win32,x86 | | sdk | eclipse
emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.4.2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//modeling/emf/emf/dow nloads/drops/2.4.2/R200902171115/
| | | sdk | emf-sdo-xsd

packager.properties excerpt:
# A comma separated list of feature ids that will be part of the archive.
featureList = org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.emf.sdk, org.eclipse.xsd.sdk

When I run the packager, it results in a zip that only includes the SDK, not
EMF. Apparently, it is because somehow I have to publish emf as a
repository, then get into installable form, then install it, then zip it up,
then....
I am also running into this error for a number of files:
[java] [p2.generator] java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to locate
bundle manifest:
file:\D:\EB\ws.kabe.eclipse.packager\buildDirectory\workingP lace\tmp\eclipse\win32.win32.x86\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse .osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030.jar

Would you be able to give me some clear instructions on how I could get the
packager to build a P2 Eclipse with EMF installed into it?

I want to add the following after I get the above working for both 3.4.2 and
3.5:

dtp-sdk_1.6.2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse/datatools/downloads/1 .6/
| | | sdk | dtp-sdk
GEF-ALL-3.4.2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//tools/gef/downloads/ drops/3.4.2/R200902171642/
| | | sdk | gef-all
wtp-sdk-R-3.0.5-20090521045405.zip= http://archive.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R3.0/R-3 .0.5-20090521045405/
| | | sdk | wtp-sdk
tptp.runtime-TPTP-4.5.2.zip=http://archive.eclipse.org/tptp/4.5.2/TPTP-4.5.2/
| | | runtime | tptp
birt-report-framework-2_3_2_2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//birt/downloads/drops /R-R1-2_3_2_2-200906011507/
| | | runtime | birt

Thanks much.

Uday

"Uday Kabe" <udaykabe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hcdkrb$1t5$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Thanks much Andrew. I will check back in after I follow through your
> examples.
>
> Uday
>
> news:hccaoo$g7e$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Uday,
>> I wrote two examples of creating a custom eclipse distribution:
>> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-c ustom-eclipse.html
>> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/adt-part-2-more-like-epp .html
>>
>> Both contain links to example builds that you can run. You should be
>> able to take the example setup as a base to create your own product.
>>
>> 1: In this case, someone in the EPP project went in and manually changed
>> that file.
>> 2: You need to distinguish between the SDK (org.eclipse.sdk.ide) or
>> platform (org.eclipse.platform.ide) _products_ and the associated
>> (org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.platform) features. The products include
>> branding information and such things that you don't really want to reuse.
>> What you do want to reuse is the features which just include the required
>> plugins and sub-features.
>>
>>
>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>> Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a
>>> lot vested in this):
>>>
>>> 1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What
>>> exactly happens?
>>>
>>> 2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
>>> around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?
>>>
>>> 3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for
>>> adding the rest?
>>>
>>> 4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins
>>> folder, and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?
>>>
>>> Thanks again.
>>>
>>> Uday
>>>
>>>
>>> "Andrew Niefer" <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>>> news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>>> The problem here is that the
>>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
>>>> The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
>>>> this file, the signature is invalidated.
>>>>
>>>> I believe you are hitting this bug:
>>>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>>>>
>>>> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
>>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
>>>> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
>>>> getting that hacked file.
>>>>
>>>> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK
>>>> and then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>>>>
>>>> -Andrew
>>>>
>>>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>>>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
>>>>> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based
>>>>> Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>>>>>
>>>>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>>>>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>>>>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>>>>> features as a base target
>>>>> 3. my own branding plugin
>>>>> 4. Windows platform
>>>>>
>>>>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is
>>>>> a dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have
>>>>> tried to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> [java] [echo]
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>>>>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>>>>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>>>>> has been tampered!
>>>>>
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>>>>> Source)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>>>>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>>>>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>>>
>>>
>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #602986 is a reply to message #493894] Wed, 28 October 2009 15:43 Go to previous message
The problem here is that the
org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
this file, the signature is invalidated.

I believe you are hitting this bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596

The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
getting that hacked file.

To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK and
then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.

-Andrew

Uday Kabe wrote:
> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based
> Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>
> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
> features as a base target
> 3. my own branding plugin
> 4. Windows platform
>
> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
> dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried
> to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>
>
> [java] [echo]
> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
> has been tampered!
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>
> [java] [echo] at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> [java] [echo] at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] [echo] at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
> [java] [echo] at
> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
> [java] logDirectorCall:
> [java] BUILD FAILED
>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #603006 is a reply to message #493964] Thu, 29 October 2009 04:47 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a lot
vested in this):

1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What exactly
happens?

2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?

3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for adding
the rest?

4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins folder,
and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?

Thanks again.

Uday

news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
> The problem here is that the org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini
> file has been modified. The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary
> bundle, and by modifying this file, the signature is invalidated.
>
> I believe you are hitting this bug:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>
> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
> getting that hacked file.
>
> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK and
> then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>
> -Andrew
>
> Uday Kabe wrote:
>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
>> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based Eclipse
>> automated build with the following environment:
>>
>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>> features as a base target
>> 3. my own branding plugin
>> 4. Windows platform
>>
>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
>> dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried
>> to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>
>>
>> [java] [echo]
>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>> has been tampered!
>>
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>> Source)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>> [java] [echo] at
>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #603014 is a reply to message #494065] Thu, 29 October 2009 15:01 Go to previous message
Uday,
I wrote two examples of creating a custom eclipse distribution:
http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-c ustom-eclipse.html
http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/adt-part-2-more-like-epp .html

Both contain links to example builds that you can run. You should be
able to take the example setup as a base to create your own product.

1: In this case, someone in the EPP project went in and manually changed
that file.
2: You need to distinguish between the SDK (org.eclipse.sdk.ide) or
platform (org.eclipse.platform.ide) _products_ and the associated
(org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.platform) features. The products include
branding information and such things that you don't really want to
reuse. What you do want to reuse is the features which just include the
required plugins and sub-features.

Uday Kabe wrote:
> Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a
> lot vested in this):
>
> 1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What
> exactly happens?
>
> 2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
> around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?
>
> 3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for
> adding the rest?
>
> 4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins
> folder, and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Uday
>
>
> news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> The problem here is that the
>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
>> The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
>> this file, the signature is invalidated.
>>
>> I believe you are hitting this bug:
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>>
>> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
>> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
>> getting that hacked file.
>>
>> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK
>> and then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>>
>> -Andrew
>>
>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2
>>> build? Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded
>>> P2-based Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>>>
>>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>>> features as a base target
>>> 3. my own branding plugin
>>> 4. Windows platform
>>>
>>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is
>>> a dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have
>>> tried to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>>
>>>
>>> [java] [echo]
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>>> has been tampered!
>>>
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>>> [java] [echo] at
>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>
>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #603024 is a reply to message #494205] Fri, 30 October 2009 02:59 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thanks much Andrew. I will check back in after I follow through your
examples.

Uday

news:hccaoo$g7e$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Uday,
> I wrote two examples of creating a custom eclipse distribution:
> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-c ustom-eclipse.html
> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/adt-part-2-more-like-epp .html
>
> Both contain links to example builds that you can run. You should be able
> to take the example setup as a base to create your own product.
>
> 1: In this case, someone in the EPP project went in and manually changed
> that file.
> 2: You need to distinguish between the SDK (org.eclipse.sdk.ide) or
> platform (org.eclipse.platform.ide) _products_ and the associated
> (org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.platform) features. The products include
> branding information and such things that you don't really want to reuse.
> What you do want to reuse is the features which just include the required
> plugins and sub-features.
>
>
> Uday Kabe wrote:
>> Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a
>> lot vested in this):
>>
>> 1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What
>> exactly happens?
>>
>> 2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
>> around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?
>>
>> 3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for
>> adding the rest?
>>
>> 4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins
>> folder, and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Uday
>>
>>
>> "Andrew Niefer" <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>> news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> The problem here is that the
>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
>>> The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
>>> this file, the signature is invalidated.
>>>
>>> I believe you are hitting this bug:
>>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>>>
>>> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
>>> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
>>> getting that hacked file.
>>>
>>> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK and
>>> then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>>>
>>> -Andrew
>>>
>>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
>>>> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based
>>>> Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>>>>
>>>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>>>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>>>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>>>> features as a base target
>>>> 3. my own branding plugin
>>>> 4. Windows platform
>>>>
>>>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is a
>>>> dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have tried
>>>> to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> [java] [echo]
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>>>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>>>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>>>> has been tampered!
>>>>
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>>>> Source)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>>>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>>>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>>
>>
Re: Need help in creating a P2 provisioned and custom branded Eclipse build [message #603465 is a reply to message #494294] Fri, 20 November 2009 16:53 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Hi Andrew,

I did work with your part 2 example and got it working after updating the
url for cvs. However, I seem to be unable to take it further with my own
plugins and additional eclipse dependencies. Try as I might, I am
struggling with P2 and with the packager.

My basic plan was to create a base installation (which can be specified in
build.properties using the base property) and then create my own branded
product that included my own plugins.

I need to create a base installation (without constantly starting with the
bare sdk and manually updating eclipse everytime something goes wrong during
update) that includes the following via a packaging map:

packaging.map excerpt:
eclipse-SDK-3.4.2-win32.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//eclipse/downloads/dr ops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/
| win32,win32,x86 | | sdk | eclipse
emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.4.2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//modeling/emf/emf/dow nloads/drops/2.4.2/R200902171115/
| | | sdk | emf-sdo-xsd

packager.properties excerpt:
# A comma separated list of feature ids that will be part of the archive.
featureList = org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.emf.sdk, org.eclipse.xsd.sdk

When I run the packager, it results in a zip that only includes the SDK, not
EMF. Apparently, it is because somehow I have to publish emf as a
repository, then get into installable form, then install it, then zip it up,
then....
I am also running into this error for a number of files:
[java] [p2.generator] java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to locate
bundle manifest:
file:\D:\EB\ws.kabe.eclipse.packager\buildDirectory\workingP lace\tmp\eclipse\win32.win32.x86\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse .osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030.jar

Would you be able to give me some clear instructions on how I could get the
packager to build a P2 Eclipse with EMF installed into it?

I want to add the following after I get the above working for both 3.4.2 and
3.5:

dtp-sdk_1.6.2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse/datatools/downloads/1 .6/
| | | sdk | dtp-sdk
GEF-ALL-3.4.2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//tools/gef/downloads/ drops/3.4.2/R200902171642/
| | | sdk | gef-all
wtp-sdk-R-3.0.5-20090521045405.zip= http://archive.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R3.0/R-3 .0.5-20090521045405/
| | | sdk | wtp-sdk
tptp.runtime-TPTP-4.5.2.zip=http://archive.eclipse.org/tptp/4.5.2/TPTP-4.5.2/
| | | runtime | tptp
birt-report-framework-2_3_2_2.zip= http://mirrors.med.harvard.edu/eclipse//birt/downloads/drops /R-R1-2_3_2_2-200906011507/
| | | runtime | birt

Thanks much.

Uday

"Uday Kabe" <udaykabe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hcdkrb$1t5$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Thanks much Andrew. I will check back in after I follow through your
> examples.
>
> Uday
>
> news:hccaoo$g7e$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Uday,
>> I wrote two examples of creating a custom eclipse distribution:
>> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-c ustom-eclipse.html
>> http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/adt-part-2-more-like-epp .html
>>
>> Both contain links to example builds that you can run. You should be
>> able to take the example setup as a base to create your own product.
>>
>> 1: In this case, someone in the EPP project went in and manually changed
>> that file.
>> 2: You need to distinguish between the SDK (org.eclipse.sdk.ide) or
>> platform (org.eclipse.platform.ide) _products_ and the associated
>> (org.eclipse.sdk, org.eclipse.platform) features. The products include
>> branding information and such things that you don't really want to reuse.
>> What you do want to reuse is the features which just include the required
>> plugins and sub-features.
>>
>>
>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>> Thanks Andrew. A few more questions (a lot to ask I know but I have a
>>> lot vested in this):
>>>
>>> 1. How does the plugin_customization.ini file get modified? What
>>> exactly happens?
>>>
>>> 2. Since GMF depends on feature org.eclipse.platform, how could I get
>>> around the above issue by starting with the bare SDK?
>>>
>>> 3. If I do start with the bare SDK, what technique should I use for
>>> adding the rest?
>>>
>>> 4. Can I use some structural combo of the standard SDK, the dropins
>>> folder, and perhaps some config.ini magic so to speak?
>>>
>>> Thanks again.
>>>
>>> Uday
>>>
>>>
>>> "Andrew Niefer" <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote in message
>>> news:hc9oqq$2en$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>>> The problem here is that the
>>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file has been modified.
>>>> The org.eclipse.platform is a signed binary bundle, and by modifying
>>>> this file, the signature is invalidated.
>>>>
>>>> I believe you are hitting this bug:
>>>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241596
>>>>
>>>> The problem was in 3.4 the EPP packages hacked the
>>>> org.eclipse.platform/plugin_customization.ini file invalidating the
>>>> signature. Since you are basing on the modeling distribution, you are
>>>> getting that hacked file.
>>>>
>>>> To base on 3.4 you will be better off basing on the bare Eclipse SDK
>>>> and then adding the extra modelling, DTP and BIRT pieces yourself.
>>>>
>>>> -Andrew
>>>>
>>>> Uday Kabe wrote:
>>>>> Can someone suggest how best to create an automated, branded P2 build?
>>>>> Try as I might, I cannot seem to create a custom-branded P2-based
>>>>> Eclipse automated build with the following environment:
>>>>>
>>>>> 1. using Eclipse 3.5 as the host for the build process (I have tried
>>>>> 3.4.2 as the host as well)
>>>>> 2. using 3.4.2 Modeling distribution along with some DTP and BIRT
>>>>> features as a base target
>>>>> 3. my own branding plugin
>>>>> 4. Windows platform
>>>>>
>>>>> The problem seems to be with including org.eclipse.platform (which is
>>>>> a dependency of GMF), I am running into the following error (I have
>>>>> tried to follow some threads I googled on this but...):
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> [java] [echo]
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.signedcontent.InvalidContentException: The file
>>>>> "plugin_customization.ini" in the jar
>>>>> " C:\Users\Uday\AppData\Local\Temp\signatureFile73200738294622 4548.jar "
>>>>> has been tampered!
>>>>>
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. verifyDigests(DigestedInputStream.java:102)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.DigestedInputStream. read(DigestedInputStream.java:129)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.bundlefile.BundleEntry.getBytes (BundleEntry.java:102)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentImpl$Si gnedContentEntryImpl.verify(SignedContentImpl.java:167)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedContentFile.ge tSignedEntries(SignedContentFile.java:51)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verifyContent(SignatureVerifier.java:82)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.verify(SignatureVerifier.java:59)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.Signatur eVerifier.close(SignatureVerifier.java:100)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.reportStatus(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:847)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.downloadArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepos itory.java:456)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:522)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.getArtifact(MirrorRequest.java:200)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:175)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:159)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRe quest.perform(MirrorRequest.java:95)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifact(SimpleArtifactRepository .java:511)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.S impleArtifactRepository.getArtifacts(SimpleArtifactRepositor y.java:567)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.fetch (DownloadManager.java:109)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.DownloadManager.start (DownloadManager.java:97)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Co llect.completePhase(Collect.java:73)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.pos tPerform(Phase.java:195)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Phase.per form(Phase.java:78)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.PhaseSet. perform(PhaseSet.java:44)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.Engine.pe rform(Engine.java:54)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:41)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.director.PlanExe cutionHelper.executePlan(PlanExecutionHelper.java:23)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.pla nAndExecute(Application.java:265)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.run (Application.java:434)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.director.app.Application.sta rt(Application.java:536)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown
>>>>> Source)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
>>>>> [java] [echo] at
>>>>> org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>>>>> [java] logDirectorCall:
>>>>> [java] BUILD FAILED
>>>>>
>>>
>
Previous Topic:How to add an "extension" in the extensions tab to a plugin programmatically?
Next Topic:Open Java Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:34:55 GMT 2024