Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools incubator » [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo
[jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #493531] Mon, 26 October 2009 16:10 Go to next message
jeff walker is currently offline jeff walkerFriend
I am using the latest (sept 11 2009) version of the JAX-WS Tools Project for Eclipse 3.5.1. I am actually using Spring's STS 2.2.0, which is based on Eclipse 3.5.1.

Last week, my experience with the feature was great: wrote a pojo with @WebService and @WebMethod annos, right-clicked and said generate web service. Wrapper code and additional annotations flew out. It was great.

Today I get a problem when running the jaxws code gen (message and stacktrace from .log file at the bottom). I can't really tell what the problem is except that it can't create the javaw process. (error=87, the parameter is incorrect). I don't see anyone talking about this particular problem and I can't find out what the parameters might be that are incorrect. I can only think that it is a setting or something in my project.

Any help? Let me know what info I can provide.

log excerpt:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.debug.core 4 125 2009-10-26 10:39:53.681
!MESSAGE Exception occurred executing command line.
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_16\bin\javaw.exe": CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:593)
	at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:509)
	at org.eclipse.debug.core.DebugPlugin.exec(DebugPlugin.java:803)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.AbstractVMRunner.exec(AbstractVMRunner.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.StandardVMRunner.run(StandardVMRunner.java:317)
	at org.eclipse.jst.ws.internal.cxf.core.utils.LaunchUtils.launch(LaunchUtils.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.jst.ws.internal.cxf.creation.core.commands.Java2WSCommand.execute(Java2WSCommand.java:87)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.runCommand(CommandFragmentEngine.java:419)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.visitTop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:359)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.moveForwardToNextStop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:212)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager$6.run(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:944)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager.runForwardToNextStop(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:264)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.runForwardToNextStop(WizardPageManager.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.getNextPage(WizardPageManager.java:154)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleWizardPage.getNextPage(SimpleWizardPage.java:136)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:823)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:369)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:228)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
	at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.popup.DynamicPopupWizard.run(DynamicPopupWizard.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:81)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
	... 58 more
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #494018 is a reply to message #493531] Wed, 28 October 2009 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oisin Hurley is currently offline Oisin HurleyFriend
Looks nasty -- I don't think it's an issue with the JAX-WS code, since that hasn't changed, and what we do is effectively spin up the Java-to-WSDL generation code from the runtime installation.

I did a bit of a google about, and came across this link

http://eclipsecoding.wikidot.com/faq#launchError

which has a little piece of text:

Quote:

Launching my java application fails with message: Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=87

When the CLASSPATH gets too long, the program cannot be launched (at least under Windows) - try to shorten your classpath. In the case of a plugin, you can try to remove unnecessary required plugins.

is this in any way applicable? Are you on a Windows platform?

--oh

Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #494195 is a reply to message #494018] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, yes, I'm sure that is it. I guess I fail at Google, although I'm usually better. Smile

I am on windows, and I have had this type of problem before in the distant past.

One thing though, it would have been nice if I could see what was happening. Like in ant, you see the command that is being executed in verbose mode. In my .metadata/.log file, I didn't see anything except the error message. I realize that it is an Integration build of an incubation project (although otherwise it is looking really good). It this worth a jira ticket?

Thanks.
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #494956 is a reply to message #494195] Tue, 03 November 2009 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the positive comment Smile What do you have in mind for the visibility stuff? The JAXWS code effectively calls out to a tool within the runtime's installation and delegates the generation to it entirely. What you are seeing here is a FAIL on the attempt to actually launch the tool. Of course, behind the scenes, we do build a classpath with which the tool must be launched, and it's most likely that classpath
that is ending up as overly long for poor old Windows. But I'm sure the Spring part updates the classpath too, so that adds more to mix. And if the file locations of the JARs have long pathnames, well then the classpath will be a monster, character-count wise.

So I'm not too sure that this is 'fixable' as such, since the classpath will be the target of other pieces of technology. But what might make sense is some kind of a warning at some stage, so that the developer doesn't get startled with this kind of cryptic fail. It's always worth putting in a bugzilla, just for tracking purposes, to see if anyone comes up with any bright ideas.

cheers
--oh
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #495015 is a reply to message #493531] Tue, 03 November 2009 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm okay with the failure, it's really a fail on the part of Windows. Yet another reason for my employer to upgrade away from XP. I think the thing that the software could have done better is show in the .log the command executed whenever there is a failure to launch.

There are a few ways around this, but nothing general enough to expect a system like this to be able to do; like mapping a long path to a letter drive. Pretty lame.

Thanks.
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #570566 is a reply to message #493531] Wed, 28 October 2009 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks nasty -- I don't think it's an issue with the JAX-WS code, since that hasn't changed, and what we do is effectively spin up the Java-to-WSDL generation code from the runtime installation.

I did a bit of a google about, and came across this link

http://eclipsecoding.wikidot.com/faq#launchError

which has a little piece of text:

Quote:
> Launching my java application fails with message: Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=87
>
> When the CLASSPATH gets too long, the program cannot be launched (at least under Windows) - try to shorten your classpath. In the case of a plugin, you can try to remove unnecessary required plugins.

is this in any way applicable? Are you on a Windows platform?

--oh
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #570637 is a reply to message #570566] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, yes, I'm sure that is it. I guess I fail at Google, although I'm usually better. :)

I am on windows, and I have had this type of problem before in the distant past.

One thing though, it would have been nice if I could see what was happening. Like in ant, you see the command that is being executed in verbose mode. In my .metadata/.log file, I didn't see anything except the error message. I realize that it is an Integration build of an incubation project (although otherwise it is looking really good). It this worth a jira ticket?

Thanks.
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #570653 is a reply to message #494195] Tue, 03 November 2009 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the positive comment :) What do you have in mind for the visibility stuff? The JAXWS code effectively calls out to a tool within the runtime's installation and delegates the generation to it entirely. What you are seeing here is a FAIL on the attempt to actually launch the tool. Of course, behind the scenes, we do build a classpath with which the tool must be launched, and it's most likely that classpath
that is ending up as overly long for poor old Windows. But I'm sure the Spring part updates the classpath too, so that adds more to mix. And if the file locations of the JARs have long pathnames, well then the classpath will be a monster, character-count wise.

So I'm not too sure that this is 'fixable' as such, since the classpath will be the target of other pieces of technology. But what might make sense is some kind of a warning at some stage, so that the developer doesn't get startled with this kind of cryptic fail. It's always worth putting in a bugzilla, just for tracking purposes, to see if anyone comes up with any bright ideas.

cheers
--oh
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #570682 is a reply to message #493531] Tue, 03 November 2009 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I'm okay with the failure, it's really a fail on the part of Windows. Yet another reason for my employer to upgrade away from XP. I think the thing that the software could have done better is show in the .log the command executed whenever there is a failure to launch.

There are a few ways around this, but nothing general enough to expect a system like this to be able to do; like mapping a long path to a letter drive. Pretty lame.

Thanks.
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #731809 is a reply to message #493531] Mon, 03 October 2011 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sivakumar  is currently offline Sivakumar Friend
Hi jeff,

did you overcome with this issue..?
i am also facing the same problem on the same thing.
please share if you find the solution.

Thank you...
Re: [jaxws] error creating web service from pojo [message #1807325 is a reply to message #731809] Tue, 28 May 2019 07:55 Go to previous message
donald spangler is currently offline donald spanglerFriend
Sivakumar wrote on Mon, 03 October 2011 07:24
Hi jeff,

did you overcome with this issue..?
i am also facing the same problem on the same thing.
please share if you find the solution.

Thank you...

It was said above that beter way for a solution is to put in a bugzilla to see if anyone comes up with any helpful ideas on the issue.

Good luck!
Previous Topic:Artifact not found using archive drop R-3.8.2-20170308000057
Next Topic:XQDT Code Completion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:02:57 GMT 2024