Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to disable Project->Build menu item in eclipse(Disable and enable build and clean menu items in eclipse programmatically)
icon3.gif  How to disable Project->Build menu item in eclipse [message #492859] Thu, 22 October 2009 06:56 Go to next message
Vishal  is currently offline Vishal Friend
Does eclipse plug-in architecture provide the functionality to enable and disable the standard menu buttons of eclipse. There is a requirement in my application to disable build sub menu under project menu, using a parameter's value.

Please provide some pointers to the solution. I am able to add my own menu items but could not find a way to edit standard eclipse menu items.

Thanks in advance.
Vishal Rastogi

[Updated on: Mon, 26 October 2009 10:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to disable Project->Build menu item in eclipse [message #493638 is a reply to message #492859] Tue, 27 October 2009 12:45 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

In an RCP app you create things like the build menu in your ActionBarAdvisor, usually using org.eclipse.ui.actions.ActionFactory for common actions.

If you are simply a plugin in the eclipse workbench, you do not have access to those action/menu items.

PW

Previous Topic:Contributing a menu item to a sub-menu defined by an action provider
Next Topic:Editor toolbar action visibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:42:09 GMT 2024