Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » How to add a bundle in the Run configurations(Add a bundle that is not a project in the "Run Configurations...")
How to add a bundle in the Run configurations [message #492663] Wed, 21 October 2009 10:01 Go to next message
Arnaud Vandyck is currently offline Arnaud VandyckFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: October 2009
Location: Liege, Belgium
Junior Member
Hi all,

I'd like to make some tests with OSGi's Configuration Manager. I created some plug-in projects and work with ManagedService classes and so. I have all the imported classes in the MANIFEST.MF.

When I configure the "Run..." menu, I added bundles org.eclipse.osgi and org.eclipse.osgi.services. But I can't add 'org.eclipse.equinox.cm'...

So, the ConfigurationAdmin service is not launched and I can't make my tests.

How can I add a bundle 'as a jar' in the "Run Configurations..."?

Many thanks for your time,

Arnaud.
Re: How to add a bundle in the Run configurations [message #492757 is a reply to message #492663] Wed, 21 October 2009 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Messages: 674
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
avandyck@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to make some tests with OSGi's Configuration Manager. I created
> some plug-in projects and work with ManagedService classes and so. I
> have all the imported classes in the MANIFEST.MF.
>
> When I configure the "Run..." menu, I added bundles org.eclipse.osgi and
> org.eclipse.osgi.services. But I can't add 'org.eclipse.equinox.cm'...
>
> So, the ConfigurationAdmin service is not launched and I can't make my
> tests.
>
> How can I add a bundle 'as a jar' in the "Run Configurations..."?

Is config admin in your target platform?

Are you familiar with the target platform concept in PDE?

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk
Re: How to add a bundle in the Run configurations [message #492778 is a reply to message #492757] Wed, 21 October 2009 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud Vandyck is currently offline Arnaud VandyckFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: October 2009
Location: Liege, Belgium
Junior Member
Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
> Are you familiar with the target platform concept in PDE?

Absolutly not! Wink Many thanks for your pointer, I created a target platform with all the bundles I need.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Arnaud.
Re: How to add a bundle in the Run configurations [message #492783 is a reply to message #492778] Wed, 21 October 2009 17:13 Go to previous message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Messages: 674
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
avandyck@gmail.com wrote:
> Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
>> Are you familiar with the target platform concept in PDE?
>
> Absolutly not! ;) Many thanks for your pointer, I created a target
> platform with all the bundles I need.
>
> Many thanks for your help.

Wow, I didn't even have to give detailed instructions :)

If you need further help with developing OSGi within Eclipse, I can
highly recommend the OSGi and Equinox book:

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780321561510

I spent quite a bit of time helping those guys with the tooling scenarios!

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk
Re: How to add a bundle in the Run configurations [message #602751 is a reply to message #492757] Wed, 21 October 2009 17:06 Go to previous message
Arnaud Vandyck is currently offline Arnaud VandyckFriend
Messages: 7
Registered: October 2009
Location: Liege, Belgium
Junior Member
Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
> Are you familiar with the target platform concept in PDE?

Absolutly not! ;) Many thanks for your pointer, I created a target platform with all the bundles I need.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Arnaud.
Re: How to add a bundle in the Run configurations [message #602755 is a reply to message #492778] Wed, 21 October 2009 17:13 Go to previous message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Messages: 674
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
avandyck@gmail.com wrote:
> Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
>> Are you familiar with the target platform concept in PDE?
>
> Absolutly not! ;) Many thanks for your pointer, I created a target
> platform with all the bundles I need.
>
> Many thanks for your help.

Wow, I didn't even have to give detailed instructions :)

If you need further help with developing OSGi within Eclipse, I can
highly recommend the OSGi and Equinox book:

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9780321561510

I spent quite a bit of time helping those guys with the tooling scenarios!

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk
Previous Topic:trouble disabling the 'Search' button on the eclipse SearchDialog
Next Topic:Eclipse WorkbenchStatusDialogManager
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 08 18:51:36 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01776 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top