Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) » Build state machine has not been initialized(Build state machine has not been initialized)
Build state machine has not been initialized [message #492035] Sat, 17 October 2009 10:45 Go to next message
Ugo Chirico is currently offline Ugo ChiricoFriend
Hi All,

I was using MTJ dsdp-mtj-runtime-incubation-1.0M7 and all was working fine,
I udpdated to the last version of MTJ 1.0.1 and now I'm not able to build all all of my J2ME applications.
I'm blocked now with all of my projects and I'm very irritated:

Please, help me!

The error is:

Errors during build.
Errors running builder 'Preprocessor Builder' on project 'miabo'.
Build state machine has not been initialized.
Errors running builder 'Preprocessor Builder' on project 'miabo'.
Errors running builder 'Preverification Builder' on project 'miabo'.

In the error log I see:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 0 2009-10-17 12:42:06.286
!MESSAGE Build state machine has not been initialized.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Build state machine has not been initialized.
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.BuildStateMachine.change State(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJCompilationParticipan t.aboutToBuild(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.initialize Builder(JavaBuilder.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.clean(Java Builder.java:286)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildMan ager.java:635)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:170)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:201)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildMan ager.java:253)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:218)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildMan ager.java:360)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.internalBuild(Pr oject.java:516)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.ja va:94)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.dialogs.CleanDialog.doClean(Clea nDialog.java:305)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.dialogs.CleanDialog$1.runInWorks pace(CleanDialog.java:147)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run (InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 999 2009-10-17 12:42:06.286

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2009-10-17 12:42:06.879
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Build state machine has not been initialized.
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.BuildStateMachine.change State(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJIncrementalProjectBui lder.onStateEnter(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJIncrementalProjectBui lder.build(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildMan ager.java:633)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:170)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:201)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop (BuildManager.java:309)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildMan ager.java:341)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBu ildJob.java:140)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJ ob.java:238)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 999 2009-10-17 12:42:06.879

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2009-10-17 12:42:06.879
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 1
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJIncrementalProjectBui lder.onStateEnter(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJIncrementalProjectBui lder.build(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop (BuildManager.java:309)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBu ildJob.java:140)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 0 2009-10-17 12:42:06.879
!STACK 1
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJCompilationParticipan t.aboutToBuild(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.initialize Builder(JavaBuilder.java:583)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.build(Java Builder.java:167)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 0 2009-10-17 12:42:08.020
!STACK 1
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJCompilationParticipan t.buildFinished(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.build(Java Builder.java:233)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 999 2009-10-17 12:42:08.020

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2009-10-17 12:42:08.020
!STACK 1

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2009-10-17 12:42:08.067
!MESSAGE Errors during build.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 2 75 2009-10-17 12:42:08.067
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Preprocessor Builder' on project 'miabo'.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 999 2009-10-17 12:42:08.067
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Preprocessor Builder' on project 'miabo'.
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Preverification Builder' on project 'miabo'.
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #492929 is a reply to message #492035] Thu, 22 October 2009 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

This problem was fixed during the 1.0.1 release. Could you try to import your projects into a clean workspace and report if the issue still occurs?

Thanks
Diego
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #493110 is a reply to message #492929] Fri, 23 October 2009 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I already made as you suggest.
I spent 1 day to create a new project importing all sources, settings and cofigurations and now it works.
But I spent 1 day to do that (I waste 1 day for that work). Mad
Without considering the SVN related issues to link the new project to old one.
And now I have to do that with all other projects. Mad

Time is money and it isn't accetable that upgrading to the new version I have to waste so much time.

When Craig Setera was working on eclipseme this kind of issues never happend. Craig worked very well.
Now that MTJ is taking care of eclipsme I experimenting al lot of issues but this one is the worst till now.

Regards,

Ugo Chirico
http://www.cryptware.it
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #493148 is a reply to message #493110] Fri, 23 October 2009 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diego Madruga Sandin is currently offline Diego Madruga SandinFriend
Hi,

we are NOT taking care of EclipseME. We used it as based to MTJ and evolved it a lot, with the help of Craig himself. MTJ is NOT EclipseME.

If you are not satisfied with the results, please, fell free to contribute on the discussions on the developer mailing list, post reports on bugs you found and request new features; This will help us improve MTJ.

Thanks,
Diego

Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #505840 is a reply to message #492929] Tue, 05 January 2010 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: krischik.users.sourceforge.net

Diego Madruga Sandin schrieb:

> This problem was fixed during the 1.0.1 release. Could you try to import
> your projects into a clean workspace and report if the issue still occurs?

I have got the same problem and I must have created a half a dozed
"clean" workspaces today.

Honestly this is a real pain. Being a programmer myself: if the state
machine is not initialized: Why not initialize it instead of a useless
error message?

Note 1: All error messages without a proper course of action to rectify
the problem are useless.

Also a "clean" / "clean all" should initialize the state machine as well.

And why is this error message appearing when "automated build" is
switched off? If I did not request a build no preprocessing should
happen, shouldn't it?

Regards

Martin

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net
Ada programming at: http://ada.krischik.com
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #509927 is a reply to message #505840] Mon, 25 January 2010 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Beers is currently offline David BeersFriend

I'm experiencing this problem as well, first with 1.0 and then after updating to 1.0.1. For various reasons creating a new workspace is going to cost me a lot of time as well--enough that I would consider manually hacking the internal configuration of my workspace if I knew what to look for. If someone who knows the nature of the bug can suggest a way to give this a try, please do.

David Beers
MapQuest
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #510237 is a reply to message #509927] Tue, 26 January 2010 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Follow-up: I checked out a fresh working copy from SVN, recreating the project in a new workspace and still get the same message.

Errors during build.
Errors running builder 'Preverification Builder' on project 'Midlet_MQ4M'.

I've been using MTJ and the project in question daily for quite some time and can't fathom what suddenly caused this error to manifest.

Checking the Eclipse logs I see this entry prior to the error in question:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 0 2010-01-26 12:12:56.347
!MESSAGE Invalid MTJ Project.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid MTJ Project.
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJBuildProperties.<init >(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.build.MTJBuildProperties.getBu ildProperties(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.util.MTJBuildPropertiesResourc eListener.updateBuildProperties(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.util.MTJBuildPropertiesResourc eListener.resourceChanged(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(N otificationManager.java:288)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify( NotificationManager.java:282)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadca stChanges(NotificationManager.java:148)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostC hange(Workspace.java:313)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(W orkspace.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Re source.java:1497)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.open(Project.jav a:891)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.open(Project.jav a:911)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.buildpaths.BuildPathsBlo ck.createProject(BuildPathsBlock.java:694)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.JavaCapabilityConfigurationPage.c reateProject(JavaCapabilityConfigurationPage.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageTwo.updat eProject(NewJavaProjectWizardPageTwo.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageTwo.acces s$2(NewJavaProjectWizardPageTwo.java:200)
at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.NewJavaProjectWizardPageTwo$1$Upd ateRunnable.run(NewJavaProjectWizardPageTwo.java:161)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.ex ecute(WorkspaceModifyDelegatingOperation.java:69)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(Worksp aceModifyOperation.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace. java:1800)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(Workspac eModifyOperation.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)

How can I help the developers characterize and resolve this critical bug? Until a fix is found I'm unable to build and run/debug our app in Eclipse. Were it not for dependencies on another project that is Maven-managed and links to stuff in a private repository, I would share it for someone to inspect. But if I'm able to reproduce it in a simpler sample project I'll certainly do so. Again, suggestions on modifying the internal configs or any other temporary workaround are welcome.

David Beers
MapQuest

[Updated on: Tue, 26 January 2010 20:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #510238 is a reply to message #510237] Tue, 26 January 2010 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

I solved the problem by creating a new project and importing all sources in such a new project.
After that I made some work to relink the new project to the old one on SVN.
I spent a lot of time on that but after the work was done all worked and I was able to compile my project again.

Unfortunately I had to do the same for all of my J2ME projects Sad

Hoping this help.

Regards,
Ugo Chirico
http://www.ugosweb.com
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #510254 is a reply to message #510238] Tue, 26 January 2010 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I took a stab at your suggestion, Ugo, but for for reasons peculiar to our build configuration it will be an extremely painful option to carry out. Reverting to MTJ v0.9.1 required a little fiddling around but it didn't take too long and seems to solve the problem, so that's what I have done for the time being.

David Beers
MapQuest
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #521622 is a reply to message #492035] Thu, 18 March 2010 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mario Balaban is currently offline Mario BalabanFriend
This is a piece of the .log file from the workspace:

!SESSION 2010-03-18 11:21:21.808 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=
java.version=1.6.0_14
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=it_IT
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -clean -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2010-03-18 11:23:24.249
!STACK 1
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildMan ager.java:627)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(Bui ldManager.java:218)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildMan ager.java:360)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project$1.run(Project.ja va:523)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace. java:1800)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace. java:1782)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.internalBuild(Pr oject.java:502)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.ja va:94)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.core.project.midp.MidletSuiteProjec t.createPackage(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.ui.actions.packaging.AbstractCreate PackageAction.createPackageForProject(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.ui.actions.packaging.AbstractCreate PackageAction.access$0(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.ui.actions.packaging.AbstractCreate PackageAction$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.ui.actions.packaging.AbstractCreate PackageAction.doPackageCreation(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.mtj.internal.ui.actions.packaging.AbstractCreate PackageAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginActi on.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1176)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:3493)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3112)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:22 21)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAcce ssorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMe thodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 999 2010-03-18 11:23:24.251
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.mtj.core 4 999 2010-03-18 11:23:24.251

Any solutions?

[Updated on: Thu, 18 March 2010 10:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #522498 is a reply to message #521622] Mon, 22 March 2010 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Am 18.03.2010, 11:34 Uhr, schrieb Mario Balaban <extremepredator@mail.ru>:

> Then I restarted eclipse with the same workspace, made a modification to
> the source (modified a comment) and tried to recreate the package. And
> voila ! Build state machine has not been initialized !

This is a painful and persistent one. I for once changed to Maven based
builds in the end and never looked back.

Regards

Martin
--
Martin Krischik
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #522499 is a reply to message #521622] Mon, 22 March 2010 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Am 18.03.2010, 11:34 Uhr, schrieb Mario Balaban <extremepredator@mail.ru>:

> Then I restarted eclipse with the same workspace, made a modification to
> the source (modified a comment) and tried to recreate the package. And
> voila ! Build state machine has not been initialized !

This is a painful and persisted one.

> Any solutions?

I for one changed to Maven based builds in the end and I never looked
back. The Maven plugin for Java ME works great - I can even build on Mac
OS X.

Martin

--
Martin Krischik
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #529847 is a reply to message #522499] Tue, 27 April 2010 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
hi,

i had some time this weekend to evaluate this problem.

this "build state machine" was introduced with the new build.properties feature that enables the uses to select a different set of files for each configuration.

the problem is that the build properties is not being updated properly when teh user does some tasks on the UI. such as:
- copy java classes directly into the project
- converting a java project into mtj

the workaround that i found was to open the build.properties file, do some change and then save it. once this happens everything seems to work fine.

i filed a bug to track the problem and see if anyone can contribute to a solution
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310625

Smile
gep
Re: Build state machine has not been initialized [message #580023 is a reply to message #522499] Tue, 27 April 2010 13:06 Go to previous message
Gustavo de Paula is currently offline Gustavo de PaulaFriend
hi,

i had some time this weekend to evaluate this problem.

this "build state machine" was introduced with the new build.properties feature that enables the uses to select a different set of files for each configuration.

the problem is that the build properties is not being updated properly when teh user does some tasks on the UI. such as:
- copy java classes directly into the project
- converting a java project into mtj

the workaround that i found was to open the build.properties file, do some change and then save it. once this happens everything seems to work fine.

i filed a bug to track the problem and see if anyone can contribute to a solution
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310625

:)
gep
Previous Topic:Build state machine has not been initialized
Next Topic:MJT and Java ME SDK 3.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:34:47 GMT 2024