Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Disable Navigate Toolbar(I need to disable the navigate toolbar)
Disable Navigate Toolbar [message #491788] Thu, 15 October 2009 20:55 Go to next message
dwain Missing name is currently offline dwain Missing nameFriend
I am building an RCP application and need to be able to remove the Navigate toolbar. How can this be disabled? I have been trying to use activityPatternBindings but can't make that work. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Dwain

[Updated on: Thu, 15 October 2009 21:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Disable Navigate Toolbar [message #491894 is a reply to message #491788] Fri, 16 October 2009 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

The Navigate toolbar is contributed in the ActionBarAdvisor. Your RCP shouldn't do that if you don't want it.

For example, the Eclipse IDE adds it in org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder.fillCoolB ar(ICoolBarManager)

PW

Re: Disable Navigate Toolbar [message #492304 is a reply to message #491894] Mon, 19 October 2009 21:11 Go to previous message
dwain Missing name is currently offline dwain Missing nameFriend
Thank you Paul for your help. I was unable to figure out which plugin was adding those toolbar items but I was finally able to find the appropriate ID's for them and was able to remove them through activityPatternBindings. I am not sure if this is the best way but is working at this point.

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.activities">
  <activity id="com.vanns.plugin.common.activity.disable" name="Disable Activity">
    <enabledWhen>
      <with variable="true">
        <equals value="false">
        </equals>
      </with>
    </enabledWhen>
  </activity>  
  <activityPatternBinding activityId="com.vanns.plugin.common.activity.disable" pattern=".*/org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.gotoNextAnnotation">
  </activityPatternBinding>
  <activityPatternBinding activityId="com.vanns.plugin.common.activity.disable" pattern=".*/org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.gotoPreviousAnnotation">
  <activityPatternBinding activityId="com.vanns.plugin.common.activity.disable" pattern=".*/org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.gotoLastEditPosition">
</extension>

[Updated on: Mon, 04 January 2010 23:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Showing "Problems" view in a RCP product
Next Topic:Debug perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:32:54 GMT 2024