Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » GMF Property View
GMF Property View [message #491653] Thu, 15 October 2009 12:03 Go to next message
Thomas is currently offline ThomasFriend
hi,

i have some problems with my property view. i got some shapes like rectangles. i want to show in my property page the x / y / height / width of my rectangles,....

i dont know where i have to start

thanks

Thomas
Re: GMF Property View [message #491697 is a reply to message #491653] Thu, 15 October 2009 13:58 Go to previous message
Artur Kronenberg is currently offline Artur KronenbergFriend
Hi Thomas,

I guess you want to add your own tab to the properties view of your shape.
GMF has an example for you in the generated code. You might wanna take a look at that:

extension point propertyTabs and propertySections in your diagram package. You can add your own propertytab and section there and implement your own page that will appear as an additional tab in your properties view. You can display the information in there.

I guess you could add it into the core part too (the first tab) but I am not exactly sure how that works. This you would do in the XXXItemProvider class, adding a new propertydescriptor. However, tose descriptors work with GMF Feature implementations. I suggest implementing an additional tab and working with that one.

best regards,
Artur

Thomas wrote on Thu, 15 October 2009 08:03
hi,

i have some problems with my property view. i got some shapes like rectangles. i want to show in my property page the x / y / height / width of my rectangles,....

i dont know where i have to start

thanks

Thomas

Previous Topic:GMF event logs
Next Topic:Set source.decoration in a link when navigability is BIDIRECTIONAL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:16:14 GMT 2024