Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Update Site Creation Automation(How to create an update site through a command line)
Update Site Creation Automation [message #491123] Tue, 13 October 2009 12:10 Go to next message
michal  is currently offline michal Friend
Hi,

I've developed a plug in, and created a feature and an update site projects inside eclipse to publish it.
What i am looking for, is a way to automate the process of creating my update site during our automatic build process through a command line rather that manually throught the UI of the update site project.

It seems to me that large projects must use an automated process, and that it should be quite straightforward, but didn't find any simple reference on how to do it in the web.

Thank a lot in advance!
Michal.
Re: Update Site Creation Automation [message #509160 is a reply to message #491123] Thu, 21 January 2010 14:44 Go to previous message
Michal Niewrzal is currently offline Michal NiewrzalFriend
Creating update site is very similar to product build process. You need only in build.properties file enable options:
topLevelElementType = feature
topLevelElementId = <your_feature_id>

and disable 'product' variable. And after whole process copy your site.xml file to generated zip or folder.

Look at this site http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.us er/tasks/pde_product_build.htm

Main elements are described but with more advanced topics you must experiment:) If you will have more questions, let me know:)
Previous Topic:Large Files Editor
Next Topic:Update Site Creation Automation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:55:25 GMT 2024