Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » flow module as in labview(I would like to make some flow containers who contain classes that can be connected and the flows itself can have external connections)
flow module as in labview [message #491095] Tue, 13 October 2009 08:57 Go to next message
peter staelens is currently offline peter staelensFriend
Hi,

I would like to make an application with flows. These flows contain modules such as: read file, process file, display file, dump file to disk, ftp file,... Flows are independent from each other but should be able to be connected to each other (for example when I take the RS232 in one flow, another flow can not take it anymore but might need the data). I have several problems:
1) I implemented the flow in the map, but the link mapping I can only map under the root and not under a node reference. Will that be a problem?
2) I think there is a problem in my ecore model, are there examples of this type of implementations? I had my modules first aggregated to the editor and that works without flow, then I tried to put in between my map and the modules and wires the flow module the implementation failed, for testing I now implemented both but it still does not work.

Any suggestions?

Greets,

Peter
Re: flow module as in labview [message #491222 is a reply to message #491095] Tue, 13 October 2009 16:44 Go to previous message
peter staelens is currently offline peter staelensFriend
Sorry,

I restarted from scratch and now it appears to work out fine.
Previous Topic:Node not displayed
Next Topic:Copy + Paste: Elements disappear
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:38:40 GMT 2024