Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » mwe Workflow xmi Writer error(Writer can't write to xmi file.)
mwe Workflow xmi Writer error [message #490992] Mon, 12 October 2009 17:18 Go to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hello,

I am doing a M2M transformation with eclipse modeling tools, using oaw. I am on a WindowsXP machine and have full admin permissions. The transformation part is going fine but when the Writer tries to write the generated target model to the xmi file I am getting a null point exception (at least that is what I think is going on).

This is the output of the console:

INFO: Reader(xmiHilesParser): Loading model from platform:/resource/MyProject.generator/models/System.xmi
12/10/2009 12:12:42 PM org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.container.CompositeComponent internalInvoke
INFO: XtendComponent: executing 'transformations::M2M'
12/10/2009 12:12:43 PM org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.container.CompositeComponent internalInvoke
INFO: Writer: Writing model to platform:/resource/MyProject.generator/models/Buzzer.xmi
12/10/2009 12:12:43 PM org.eclipse.emf.mwe.core.WorkflowRunner executeWorkflow
GRAVE: null
java.lang.NullPointerException

Even with this error the Buzzer.xmi file is generated but nothing gets written to it.

Any ideas?
Re: mwe Workflow xmi Writer error [message #491006 is a reply to message #490992] Mon, 12 October 2009 18:38 Go to previous message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

It happened to be an attribute in the target model that didn't have the EType attribute set. The wierd thing is that it validated ok.

Any ideas on what to configure on the validator options to make it check for EType attribute set?

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Previous Topic:[QVTO] How to call different mappings based on some predicate?
Next Topic:[ATL]Anybody knows how to make comments for a section?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:41:38 GMT 2024